Snorkeling Excursions - suggestions?

wrp96

I will be visiting Aruba on Brilliance of the Seas. I want to do a snorkel excursion, preferably through the ship as I will be traveling by myself and would feel more comfortable with a ship excursion.

Has anybody done any of the following excursions or have a better suggestion for a snorkel excursion?

- Sailing & Snorkeling Tour

- De Palm Island Snorkeling Adventure

- Aruba Sailaway Beach & Snorkel

Hey Wrona,

Whichever one you pick, make sure it goes to the wreck of the Antilla 2, it was our favorite snorkel out of 20-25, it should say that in the description so you'll know it's the one, or ask the ship tour desk. It's a shallow wreck, a WW2 tanker, covered in golden coral, tons of fish, awesome sight, you'll think yer over the Titanic, takes yer breath away. At some places near the bow you can touch the deck with your flippers.

Take an early tour, on a catamaran. The cats have nice deck spaces for lounging, netting at the front, you can lay around, more fun than yachts. And an early tour gets you closest to the wreck, the tours arriving later have to line up behind the ones already there. Use the little inflatable vests they offer, keeps you floating nicely. One of the hot guys on the tour would be glad to help you get it on over your kini :-)

-Bob

My favorite snorkel tour wasn't really a snorkel tour at all, it was "snuba" and we did it in Aruba at DePalm Island. It was absolutely wonderful, it takes snorkeling to the next level. It is great, even for beginners. My husband is a beginner and he absolutely loved it.

We did this excursion thru the ship (we went with Carnival but I'm pretty sure RCCL offers it as well) they pick you up right at the dock, transport you to the ferry to go to DePalm Island, you get on a ferry, ride over and meet with the "snuba" folks where they give you instruction. You then walk down a short dock, don your fins, mask and weight belt and get used to the regulator you use in place of the snorkel, you then follow your guide out where you will be able to go down to about 20-25 feet. It is a really neat experience. I liked it so much better than any snorkel tour I've ever been on.

One of our party of four will have difficulty with alot of walking -- but the snorkeling etc. is no problem. Can you estimate the 'short walk' on the dock? I know our experience could be different than yours, but yours might give us an idea. Thanks in advance!:)

My favorite snorkel tour wasn't really a snorkel tour at all, it was "snuba" and we did it in Aruba at DePalm Island. It was absolutely wonderful, it takes snorkeling to the next level. It is great, even for beginners. My husband is a beginner and he absolutely loved it.

We did this excursion thru the ship (we went with Carnival but I'm pretty sure RCCL offers it as well) they pick you up right at the dock, transport you to the ferry to go to DePalm Island, you get on a ferry, ride over and meet with the "snuba" folks where they give you instruction. You then walk down a short dock, don your fins, mask and weight belt and get used to the regulator you use in place of the snorkel, you then follow your guide out where you will be able to go down to about 20-25 feet. It is a really neat experience. I liked it so much better than any snorkel tour I've ever been on.

We were on Brilliance last week and did the DePalm tour. We loved it. The most walk is from the ferry dock and the beach which is not very far. We loved the snorkel but also the beach, water and food was quite good. I would certainly do it again.

We have done the Mi Dushi tour both times we were in Aruba. Not your typical snorkel boat, very nice lunch and custom made drinks. Not just rum punch, but good variety and starts as soon as you board.

It makes 3 stops, one is at the wreck mentioned above.

There are some picutres on my Webshots of the ship.

Here is site for it:

http://www.midushi.com/

Archived