Free beverages?

LMPego

Am I reading this right that there is no self-serve soda/water/coffee area? When we were on a Disney cruise, they had one area where you could get your own for free. Do I really have to pay for afternoon soda and coffee on Carnival? And what about fountain water or bottled water?

You pay for soda, regardless of the time of day... morning, afternoon, and night. I've always gotten free coffee in the mornings, but after about 7am, I don't do coffee... so I can't tell you. But I would imagine you could get it from room service at any time, or in the dining room (for free, you would only pay for coffee if you ordered from the specialty shop). As for water, bottled water is definitely not free, but I've always been able to get water on the lido deck. There are also juices available throughout the day from the dispensers.

Am I reading this right that there is no self-serve soda/water/coffee area? When we were on a Disney cruise, they had one area where you could get your own for free. Do I really have to pay for afternoon soda and coffee on Carnival? And what about fountain water or bottled water?

The soda is not free.

There are several coffee juice and water stations where you can get 24 hour free self-service!

You can get water, coffee, ice tea and I believe lemonade free around the clock. It is self service. The water is tastes fine - no need to get bottled water - in fact I usually fill the water bottle that I brought on the plane several times during the cruise with water from the Lido deck.

LM, I don't know where you read that, but ...

There are no 'free' Cokes, etc. on Carnival (or most other lines).

There are self-serve dispensers on Lido Deck, available 24 hrs. a day that offer water, lemonade, fruitpunch, various juices, coffee, decaf, iced tea, and there's a dispenser for hot water.

Also from 24-hr. room service - coffee, decaf, iced tea, hot tea, hot chocolate, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk, a variety of juices. Other complimentary beverages are cappuccino and espresso with meals in the formal dining toom.

Archived