Can't help but wonder 'n worry about Navigator

Sailing on Navigator 8-19-06. Seems kind of strange that with only 6 months to go, I can't seem to get a roll call of families going. I assumed that this would be a good family ship for summer vacation, but now I can't help but wonder and worry that I've booked (through RCCL directly) on a ship that is filled with a group charters. I've googled the date but can't come up with any groups whatsoever. I have no problem with groups (wish I could get one of our groups to schedule at vacation together), but I prefer a cruise with families with other children in the teen through college age. Ship seems to be filling up, so where is everyone? RCCL says they can’t say. Any other suggestions?

I posted a thread in Roll Calls for the 4/9/06 Vision cruise. This is Spring break time. A couple people responded but no one was talking back and forth. I then decided to switch to a 10-day Celebrity cruise for the same price. I posted in the roll call thread that I had switched cruises. Not one person has posted in that thread since then and that was 12/12/05. I would think that a spring break Mexican Riviera cruise would have lots of people. But the roll call is just dead. Luckily the roll call for my Celebrity cruise is really jumping and we have some excursions booked w/ some of the people we met.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

Sailing on Navigator 8-19-06. Seems kind of strange that with only 6 months to go, I can't seem to get a roll call of families going. I assumed that this would be a good family ship for summer vacation, but now I can't help but wonder and worry that I've booked (through RCCL directly) on a ship that is filled with a group charters. I've googled the date but can't come up with any groups whatsoever. I have no problem with groups (wish I could get one of our groups to schedule at vacation together), but I prefer a cruise with families with other children in the teen through college age. Ship seems to be filling up, so where is everyone? RCCL says they can’t say. Any other suggestions?

Don't worry yet...our roll call roster was 0 (yes zero) until about 4 months before the cruise. Now we have over 30 registered for the meet and mingle, just in the last 2 weeks....and we still have over 3 months to go

We're sailing the NOS on 7/1/06 and were wondering the same thing. We've only had a few families get on the thread with us so far (only 4-5) so not even enough for a Meet & Mingle yet. We even started a new thread thinking they may not be on because our old one had gotten quite long and that they wouln't want to read all that.

Well, I hope the other posts are right that when it gets closer more will come on board and chat with us. NOS is a huge ship and we're going the middle of the summer so I know it's going to be packed!

Sue

Not sound mean or anything like that, but there's over 3,000 people on that ship. The # of people on a roll call is only a very small % of everyone on that ship. I wouldn't worry at all. There should be a good number of families on there. Not everyone comes to Cruise Critic.

Roll calls are not that popular lately, who knows why. I am sailing the Monarch in 5 weeks and only 1 person responded to my thread, to say she may or may not go-it's only a 3 night, but still.

My Freedom roll call (6/18/06) is moving, but very slowly!! I try to keep it going, but with few responses-

Maybe roll calls arn't as popular as they used to be? Too bad, I have had some great ones in the past!! The best roll call I ever saw was 9/11/05 Mariner, and I wound up not even getting to go due to weather problems-still a great roll call group, was jumping 6-12 months in advance!!

Don't worry, the cruise will be great-I did Navigator in 2003, my favorite cruise so far-kids loved it too-no worries!!

We dont have even 7 people signed up for our 3/11/06 roll call and our ship is almost booked, so no worries. Cruise Critic roll calls being empty doesnt mean the ship isnt full of families or any specific group. That ship is so big that you will have tons of types of people on board.

You can always call RCI and ask about groups sailing, they will probably tell you if there are big groups.

Wow, cc posters are the best! You've convinced me there is no need to worry, so I won't. Thank you to all who took the time to write. I think we'll just sit back and chill for a few months, try and control that "cruisinitis" so we don't get too over anxious about all the great things we want to do during our week away. Then we'll check back on the boards around June. To all those who sail before us, get out there and have a fabulous time!! :D

Wow, cc posters are the best! You've convinced me there is no need to worry, so I won't. Thank you to all who took the time to write. I think we'll just sit back and chill for a few months, try and control that "cruisinitis" so we don't get too over anxious about all the great things we want to do during our week away. Then we'll check back on the boards around June. To all those who sail before us, get out there and have a fabulous time!! :D

Yes, you will have a wonderful fabulous time! We were just on Navigator in May of 05 and loved that ship. Cant wait to sail it again!

Archived