Recent Grand Cruisers, The 411 Please...

need2cruisesoon

Thanks to all for their comments and observations..we are boarding 3/22 for the 7 day California Coastal.  I booked this knowing the Grand was an older ship, but the itinerary for us is a bucket list trip.  I waited almost 5 years for this itinerary to line up with DH’s March school break.....booked the day it opened🙂.    So long as the service and food are good, I can live with some rust etc.  The pricing for this was very attractive especially since we have to fly, and allowed us to add 3 nights in SF prior to the cruise.   I have differing opinions on what I expect from the ship vs the trip.  If the itinerary is the focus then as long as the ship is comfortable and there is decent service/food/and some evening music we are satisfied.  But if it’s the Caribbean that we’ve done 5 times, then the ship needs to be a little more “WOW”.  So we have the Enchanted booked for next March Eastern Caribbean, hoping to get some friends to try it out and get hooked on cruising.            Everyone has different priorities, and each cruise can be so different.  Our friends did the 14 day Christmas cruise on the Caribbean Princess and were very disappointed in the food and service....after having a great time on the same ship with us in March.  They found themselves telling first time Princess cruisers that the experience was not the norm.  

Edited by knbcruisers