missed port credit

vincent

They haven't on either of the cruises I've been on with a missed port. (Six cruises total, two with a missed port.)

The cruise contract makes it clear that the ship may miss ports or change itineraries as necessary, without compensation owed to the passengers. Somehow, I suspect the port doesn't refund the charges to Celebrity either if a port is missed. I further suspect that the actual port charges would be a pretty small amount per passenger.

I have heard of the occasional happy hour/open bar being offered in cases of a missed port, but haven't experienced it.

Lisa

No, you won't get any port credit .... unless you make a big fuss. Then after you embarrass yourself, they might give you $50 in shipboard credit. I saw one man who did just that .... and when he turned away from the Customer Relations desk and saw the line behind him, he just sort of slunk off.

Cheers,

1998 - Carnival 4 nights. Missed Freeport due to weather and the port charges were refunded, announced on the PA system immediately. 2005 - 9 nights on RCL - missed Freeport due to weather and there was no mention of port charges. No refunds. I believe the line is refunded the charges, nothing could convince me otherwise. I would never be one of those in line for a refund but it would have been a real nice gesture for our inconvenience. They did give 2 for 1 drinks for a couple of hours. We know that Freeport is not exactly the Caribbean destination of choice but GS had a big fishing excursion booked there and that was all he could talk about. Son and DIL's first cruise - 6 sea days, 3 port days - rough seas and a missed port. They aren't cruising ever again.

Archived