Storing bags in Baltimore Hotels ?

UMDTERPS1

Wife and I have an upcoming cruise on the Granduer of the Seas.  On our return, we have a 5:30p.m. flight back home.  I was thinking that we could get off the ship around 10a.m. And catch a cab to the inner harbor.  We could check our bags with a bellman in a major hotel then have lunch and walk around the harbor.  At the end of our visit (say. 3:00pm) we would retrieve our bags and catch a Uber to BWI   Thoughts on this ?   It’s been years since I’ve been to the Harbor and thought that we’d take in the sights.

4 hours ago, UMDTERPS1 said:

We could check our bags with a bellman in a major hotel then have lunch and walk around the harbor.  At the end of our visit (say. 3:00pm) we would retrieve our bags and catch a Uber to BWI   Thoughts on this ?   It’s been years since I’ve been to the Harbor and thought that we’d take in the sights.

Very doable. I would tell them you are having breakfast or coffee at the hotel or else you could get the "are you staying here?" question. If its a weekday I would give yourself a little bit of extra time to get to BWI-- weekends will be lighter traffic. 

I sent a request to the Sheraton Inner Harbor and the concierge was more than happy to accommodate our request.  Hence, We’ll spend 5 or 6 hours at the inner Harbor prior to going back to BWI.  

by the way, I liked your “coffee or breakfast” suggestion and would have used it if they declined our request.

m

17 minutes ago, UMDTERPS1 said:

by the way, I liked your “coffee or breakfast” suggestion and would have used it if they declined our request.

I use it all the time when I'm traveling for work-- never disappoints. Often times will be in a city for the day on the way to somewhere else and need to drop the bag for a bit so I'm not bringing it into someones office.

Even if they hold you to it its just a $4 cup of coffee. Ironically its the high end 5 star hotels that ask virtually zero questions (I'm sure out of fear they would offend a high paying guest).