Just "downgraded" from RS to CS for Transatlantic - did we make a mistake?

sueclark

But really Sue, for two people it should still be great!!!! You know your husband better than we do! ;) though! I think I'd really prepare him so he won't be bothered! I'm working on that with my husband at the moment. I also go over prices with him and show him pictures to where he actually is the one who says "Well, that really isn't worth the extra...for us it was $1200!!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!

Nanette

[quote name='sueclark']All of our Celebrity sailings (except 1 in a SS) have been in a RS and we have loved them. Last year on the southern transatlantic we found that we didn't use the balcony hardly at all due to the cool temps and wind so when we booked the 9/7/04 Constellation (a northern crossing) we booked a RS because all the CS were gone (maybe there's a clue there) and waitlisted for a CS. It came through this morning.

Now I'm having all kinds of second thoughts... what are your opinions?? Pro or con, it will help us adjust our thinking.

Sue
[email="SueClark"]sueclark@aol.com[/email]

[B]Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04[/B]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[B]Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05[/B][/QUOTE]

I think the only mistake you could make would be to cancel the cruise. I liked the RS you had, but probably would be better to save the money for the PS on the Panama Canal. I would hope you would get to visit the San Blas Islands on the Panama canal trip, but I don't know if Celebrity stops there.
What part of the ship will the CS be in? It still has a veranda? We have a stern cabin on floor 7.
I just found this board again after being away. They changed everything up, and I had a little trouble finding my way. If you would not have been here, I would probably have passed this up. Have been playing on Cruise Buggie
JR

Sue,
I was able to get to the old posts using this link that I had saved. See if it works.
[url]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=927093444&f=9243096327&m=9303000437&p=20[/url]
JR

Hi Sue,
Save the $$ and come on the Mercury New Year's adults only with us! You said it was fun last year. We just upgraded to a SS from the CC class. As you know, it will be our first suite. We are in 9092 CC on the TA and have an FV on the Millie in March. Sign us up for the progessive cocktail party. I can't figure out how to get to the new old thread or is this it?

Barb

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=Red]Joe, The CS has no balcony, that's why we hesitated to book it. It has an entire wall of floor to ceiling windows. It is located mid-ship. One side has the glass elevators and the other has the Celebrity Suites. We've been to San Blas a few years ago and I got a number of very good photos there!

Barb, There is an archive of our old roll call on the CT site. There is also a new post with the same subject line on the new board. You will love having the SS! On our first Celebrity sailing we were in SS 1202 on Mercury - see I can still remember the number, which I can't do for most of the other sailings. I'll get something going for the progressive cocktail party - probably this weekend when I have more time to be on the board. [/color][/font]

Sue,
Well you will have a view and save the air condition or heat as the case may be.

Does anyone know who the entertainment will be on this ship? Any chance of Onyx? Any Celebrity cruisisng with us? Who will be the crusie director and ship's hostess? Anyone know how to find out?

• 2 weeks later...
Sue, Barb and I will be on the Dover to NYC cruise and look forword to meeting some of the participants here. We have booked a [color=black][font='Times New Roman']guaranteed veranda cabin, so we don't know where the cabin will be now. I have a question for previous Constellation cruisers. Have any of you used the in-cabin internet service? If so, how much do they charge? Did someone say cocktail party? Count us in.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font='Times New Roman'][/font][/color]
[color=black][font='Times New Roman']Marc[/font][/color]

Marc,

The CS is a Celebrity Suite (no balcony). there are 8 on the M-class ships. The RS is a Royal Suite (large balcony with small jacuzzi) there are also 8 on the M-class ships. The SS is a Sky Suite (small suite with balcony, and with all amenities including butler service) many on each ship. The PS is the Penthouse - Magnificant suites (1500 sq ft + 1100 sq ft balcony) 2 on each M-class ship.

Marc I'll look forward to seeing you on the Transatlantic. and in answer to your question about internet. We have used it on the M-class ships in the Royal suites - they provide a terminal in the cabin. The charges have changed many times - a year ago it was $100 for the whole 14 day trip. I used it a fair amount. On other cruises where it wasn't conveniently located in the cabin, I didn't use it at all.

• 1 month later...
Hi All - I was reading through this thread and knew I had found the right group of experienced cruise enthusiasts to help me with my dilemma.

We are booked on a Nov Transatlantic from Barcelona to Florida. I have the opportunity to grab a CS and am now second guessing my selection of an SS. Weather is unpredictable, but it does seem that perhaps the southern Atlantic still may be mighty brisk to use the balcony. The Caribbean portion, last 4 days, I am sure a balcony will be usable, but overall I am undecided.

Could I call upon all you experienced cruisers out there to give me your expert opinions? Not having done a transatlantic, I am not grounded in what to expert.

Please accept my thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Susan

HI SUSAN...You need to start a new thread and you will get many more responses. The short answer for your question is...YES...get the CS. You can see from this thread that Sue Clark took the CS. Sue is very sharp about everything that is Celebrity.

HI and BON VOYAGE to Sue and Blazerboy...they are sailing tomorrow!!!

ROSS

Since you all seem to know so much about the CS cabins on M-Class ships I thought I'd re-post this question with you. We are looking at a CS on the Constellation...is one deck better than another (Penthouse deck vs Vista or Sky deck)? I know that the forward facing cabins are preferred. Your opinions are appreciated.

allpoints

HI ALLPOINTS!!!

Hopefully you will be able to join in on Susan's forthcoming thread. The short answer is: It all depends where you are going...If you are in Alaska or the cool North Atlantic or Cruising in the warm tropics.

The Sky Deck CSs are prone to noise from the Pool Deck. They are fine in colder weather when the pool is not in use. All the other CSs are fine. You might want to consider facing forward or aft. Some pax prefer forward on the Transatlantic run and aft on the Alaskan run.

See you on the next thread.

ROSS

[img]http://www.skyscrapertours.com/celeb_6104_cat_cs_main_room.JPG[/img]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkslategray]Here's a link to some more photos of a Celebrity Suite (forward-facing, penthouse-deck #6104 on the Summit): [/color][/size][/font][url="http://www.skyscrapertours.com/summit_4.htm"][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]http://www.skyscrapertours.com/summit_4.htm[/color][/size][/font][/url]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkslategray]It's been mentioned in other threads that a "window washer" partially obscures the view in rear-facing CSs. Can anyone confirm/refute?[/color][/size][/font]

• 1 month later...
Sue. It would be great to tell us about your Celebrity Suite experiences on your last Constellation cruise.We sailed on the Transatlantic crossing in April this year in a CC cabin and are repeating our experience next year already booked in a CS cabin.
Cheers Anthony Schuck
Sydney Australia

Archived