Which Ship is good to start a RCI relationship? Navigator, Explorer or Adventour?

I was wondering which ship is best to start a Royal Carribean relationship? I like ships that are about 2500-3000 in size right now. I want to do the Freedom but I guess I should start at another class right now so that I won't have high expectations from the start?:confused:

I have been on the website, I love the activities included on the boat I guess I just want to hear some of your opinions of the boats. I only cruise 7 or more days, considering taking my 14 year old teenage son, would like to see the promanade cabin although I have only had outside views and balcony on Carnival.

I guess I am really open to anything just want to see what you guys feel is the best out there. Would like a basketball court on board for my son too!;)

I've only been on the Navigator, but I was under the impression that all the Voyager class ships are pretty much the same as far as amenities and service.

In my most humble opinion, I would vote you start with the Radiance class, unless you are set on an Ice Skating rink.

The three ships that you mention are all Voyager class ships and they are all essentially the same. You will find similar facilities on all of them. The only real differences will be in the decor. I would suggest you pick the ship that has the itinerary that interests you the most. If cost is a major factor, perhaps the ship leaving from the port you can get to most easily and cheaply.

I've only been on the Navigator, but I was under the impression that all the Voyager class ships are pretty much the same as far as amenities and service.

In my most humble opinion, I would vote you start with the Radiance class, unless you are set on an Ice Skating rink.

I do like to see the Ice shows - like Disney on Ice:)

What are the Radiance class ships available?

Just like the above posters, go by the itineries, not by the ship, as they are all the same, basically. Radiance class are narrower and a bit shorter, but a bit more elegant--lots of glass, etc... There's the Radiance, Brilliance, and I think, the Jewel. (Haven't been on that one!)

Sometimes a larger ship feels more impersonal than a smaller one, but you do seem to have more amenities on the bigger ships!

Definitely stick with a Voyager class ship, especially for your 14-year old. My sone was 14 last summer when we sailed on the Adventure and he loved it. The ice skating show is not to be missed. All 3 ships will be similar but I think I've read that the Navigator may offer a little more for the younger set. I'm sure someone will post those differences. If you can affordably fly to San Juan, I highly recommend the Southern Caribbean itinerary on the Adventure.

Definitely stick with a Voyager class ship, especially for your 14-year old. My sone was 14 last summer when we sailed on the Adventure and he loved it. The ice skating show is not to be missed. All 3 ships will be similar but I think I've read that the Navigator may offer a little more for the younger set. I'm sure someone will post those differences. If you can affordably fly to San Juan, I highly recommend the Southern Caribbean itinerary on the Adventure.

Tina, are you keeping them straight over on the Princess boards??:D

Archived