Enchantment vs. Mariner

imatarb

Our family of three...DH, myself and our seven-year old son are currently booked in an aft JS aboard the Enchantment (cabin #8670). It is the 5-night Western Caribbean itinerary.

In doing a bit of searching, I found the Mariner 7-day Western itinerary to be appealing to us, as two of the stops are to places we enjoy (Cozumel and Cayman). Plus, I figured I wouldn't mind trying a Voyager class ship, and we know our son would have a ball (as he would on the Enchantment and did on the Legend).

We would consider transferring our booking over to Mariner, if the prices drop and we can get a balcony cabin for close to what we're currently paying for the JS. I just don't know if it's worth an extra two days cruising, no JS, different ship, etc. HELP!

I'd love to hear from those who have sailed both ships...pros, cons and anything in between.

What would YOU do?

We would consider transferring our booking over to Mariner, if the prices drop and we can get a balcony cabin for close to what we're currently paying for the JS. I just don't know if it's worth an extra two days cruising, no JS, different ship, etc. HELP!

I'd love to hear from those who have sailed both ships...pros, cons and anything in between.

What would YOU do?

Two extra days on a ship with all of the special features associated with the Mariner is very attractive, but I don't think that you will find the prices dropping as you get closer to the sailing date.

We were on the Mariner last May and the Enchantment (post-stretch) in September and enjoyed both. They did some very nice things when they stretched the Enchantment and I am sure that the Adventure Ocean program will offer your seven year old a great experience.

If you are willing to pay a bit more for two more days of cruising, even if it is in a balcony room and not a JS, I'd go for the Mariner. If not, stick with what you have already booked. You can always plan on a Mariner (or other Voyager class ship) the next time. :)

If it were me, I'd go with a 7 day aboard the Mariner in a smaller room than on a 5 day in a larger room. No contest. You are in your room so little, that room size would be less of an issue than 2 extra days on ship. That's 2 more days!!! The ice show on the Voyager class ships is really worth it.

My family has been on both. we just got back from the enchantment last week. both are great ships. i like the mariner better. the ice shows were great and the promanade was great lots of on board shopping and they had parades and entertainment their at night. go for the 7 days

Archived