Interesting

5 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

My opinion hasn't changed.  If you are THAT worried about the money you paid for your cruise and need it back RIGHT NOW!!, then you spent above your means and it is a lesson learned.

While that is correct, it doesnt not mean that its ok that NCL keeps the money for 90 days. If they cancel, money should go back to the owner asap, give it 2 weeks max. Yes, people shouldnt NEED that money, but that doesnt mean NCL has the right to delay it as much.

6 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

While that is correct, it doesnt not mean that its ok that NCL keeps the money for 90 days. If they cancel, money should go back to the owner asap, give it 2 weeks max. Yes, people shouldnt NEED that money, but that doesnt mean NCL has the right to delay it as much.

Very well said. Not to mention, on top of the 90+ days we have to wait for a refund, we also can’t even fill the form out until April 13th and that’s when the 90+ days starts. So, in actuality, it’s 104+ days. I feel like I’m providing them with an interest free loan.

Edited by Murph269
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

It's all relative, I guess.  For folks who are actually battling illness for themselves or a family member, cruising seems like the last thing they would be worrying about.  I don't really want to touch on the fact that if you don't have an emergency fund built up, you probably shouldn't be spending $4K on a cruise because that's another story.  No one should be spending their last dime on a vacation.

I just struggle with the fact that, at a time when folks should be collectively coming together to show what is right and good about this country, there are people who just look for ways to complain (even about relatively insignificant things) instead of looking for ways to HELP.

While I definitely support having an emergency fund, how big of a fund do you think your average person has? Personally, I keep 6 months worth of expenses in a savings account for emergencies, but a lot of the “experts” recommend at least 3 months. So, say someone thought they were being responsible by having 3 months saved up. I know people who were laid off nearly a month ago due to Covid19. Now, couple that with having to wait 2 weeks to fill out the form for a refund, and another 3 months minimum to actually receive the refund, and you’re looking at 4.5 months minimum. See how that can be a serious problem for some people, and how that 4K is huge?

• Like 1