FCC -- distributed evenly among 4 guest VS given in the amts as paid in??

lots of discussion and FCC and I appreciate the various insights.

Here is my question.  Just received my FCC for a May sailing that I cancelled however the FCC was evenly divided out among the 4 guests vs being returned in the amts paid on the front end.  For instance guest 1 and 2 paid in a higher price at booking (2,000) , guest 3 and 4 paid in a significantly lower price at booking  (500).  Having the FCC returned evenly across all 4 guests (1250 each guest) and not in the same amts as paid in creates a future issue with a future sailing.  Guest 1 and 2 will more than likely not have enough monies with the FCC to cover a new booking price and guest 3 and 4 will have an abundance of funds that will basically be lost.  Is this typical for FCC to be issued  in an even fashion or should the monies paid in be the same amts given as FCC?  Seems odd that the credit is not given in the very same amt as what was paid in on the front end.  So very confusing.   Any insight is appreciated.  

11 minutes ago, CajunCookie said:

lots of discussion and FCC and I appreciate the various insights.

Here is my question.  Just received my FCC for a May sailing that I cancelled however the FCC was evenly divided out among the 4 guests vs being returned in the amts paid on the front end.  For instance guest 1 and 2 paid in a higher price at booking (2,000) , guest 3 and 4 paid in a significantly lower price at booking  (500).  Having the FCC returned evenly across all 4 guests (1250 each guest) and not in the same amts as paid in creates a future issue with a future sailing.  Guest 1 and 2 will more than likely not have enough monies with the FCC to cover a new booking price and guest 3 and 4 will have an abundance of funds that will basically be lost.  Is this typical for FCC to be issued  in an even fashion or should the monies paid in be the same amts given as FCC?  Seems odd that the credit is not given in the very same amt as what was paid in on the front end.  So very confusing.   Any insight is appreciated.  

Prior to this FCC’s were issued in the amounts that each guest paid.  They have changed now and are issuing them equally.  I have been told that once they are issued and you have a cruise ready to apply them to you can call and they will review the distribution of funds on a case by case basis if there are inequities. 

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Prior to this FCC’s were issued in the amounts that each guest paid.  They have changed now and are issuing them equally.  I have been told that once they are issued and you have a cruise ready to apply them to you can call and they will review the distribution of funds on a case by case basis if there are inequities. 

Sorry but this just makes me want to slap my forehead. 

It's like the rules change weekly. Maybe they are at home bored and do stuff like this to confuse everyone. Ok folks, new week, new rules ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry but this just makes me want to slap my forehead. 

It's like the rules change weekly. Maybe they are at home bored and do stuff like this to confuse everyone. Ok folks, new week, new rules ...

With all the different fake sales that Royal has run, 60% off second, 30% off all, KSF there are going to be issues whatever way they distribute them unless it all went back to one person and they could apply it to whoever they wanted to.  Had they done it by who paid then what happens when they initially booked under 60% off second then book the new cruise under 30% off all...same issues arise. As long as they are open to reviewing each case then it will work out.  

• Like 1