MicCanberra....a question.

Hi Mic,

Sorry to bother you, but I saw on your past cruises that you sailed on the Pacific Sky in December 2002. 

Was that the Christmas cruise? 

If so, we sailed together all the way back then! That was our first ever cruise. Three things stand out in my mind from that cruise ......

- I came last in the Belly Flop competition, totally embarrassing my entire family;

- our waiter at dinner time was Carlos from Port Vila. By pure coincidence, he was our waiter at dinner time years later on another P&O ship; 

- there was an entertainer on board who paid tribute to Neil Diamond......he was outstanding. He was on TV years later on an episode of Come Dine With me.

That was our introduction to cruising and we were hooked!

15 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

Hi Mic,

Sorry to bother you, but I saw on your past cruises that you sailed on the Pacific Sky in December 2002. 

Was that the Christmas cruise? 

If so, we sailed together all the way back then! That was our first ever cruise. Three things stand out in my mind from that cruise ......

- I came last in the Belly Flop competition, totally embarrassing my entire family;

- our waiter at dinner time was Carlos from Port Vila. By pure coincidence, he was our waiter at dinner time years later on another P&O ship; 

- there was an entertainer on board who paid tribute to Neil Diamond......he was outstanding. He was on TV years later on an episode of Come Dine With me.

That was our introduction to cruising and we were hooked!

Hi Fletch,

Our cruise was not the Xmas cruise as it was earlier in the month, it was to the islands though. We went as a family group and with my brother's family as well. We had a wonderful time both on and off the ship.

It was out first big ship cruise (1st cruise was 40 pax around Fiji) and yes, we were hooked on the concept but due to time and money constraints didn't cruise again until 2010.

1 hour ago, Fletch1 said:

What year did you go to Antarctica?......we did it in Feb 2014 on the Infinity. 

LOL, we also did it in 2014, ours was the 2nd February cruise.

19 minutes ago, Fletch1 said:

Just missed you...we did the next one starting on 16 Feb, returning to BA on 2 March. We disembarked and got a taxi from one pier to another and embarked the Golden Princess and cruised 30 days BA to Los Angeles.....all up 44 days......our longest time at sea. Two fabulous cruises and terrific ports. 

Anyway, apologies for hijacking this thread. Getting back to the OP, and being a Melbournian, I hope the Coral Princess does home port out of Station Pier for a few months. I would hope I have the opportunity to cruise on her again......health permitting! 

We did a 3 week Globus tour across South America (Brazil, Argentina and Peru) and then did a tour of Ecuador along with a Galapagos cruise. All up 7 weeks away, a wonderful trip that took in so much.