Shore Excursions

woody2108

Last year was our first time with NCL, I don't know what is the best time to book your excursion but we booked our excursion about a month and a half before we departed thru the online registration section. We received an email confirming our bookings and the tickets were in our cabin when we arrived.

I hope this helps

You can book your shore excursions as soon as you see your sailing date on NCL's website. You have to book two weeks in advance of your sail date. You do need your reservation number in order to do so. When you sign up online your tickets will be waiting for you in your cabin when you board. You are supposed to get an email confirmation but when I booked mine last December I never did get one. But I just had my TA call to see if it was received.

You can also book after you have boarded the ship. We have done both. With our trip to Mexico they changed the ports of call and so we had to book the shore excursions for the substituted ports when we got on board. The shore excursion desk is open the day of embarkation and so we just went there right after we ate lunch.

Also, if you try and find that some that you want are filled, you can check on board. Often people cancel at the last moment. (You can cancle MOST of them without penalty if at least 24 hours notice is given). We booked all ours the day after they appeared on the website, got email confirmation and they are shown on docs :).

If you have your heart set on a particular shore excursion you should go to the web site and book it as far ahead of time as possible. Once on board you may or may not be able to get the tour you really want as your first choice but you should check at the shore excursion desk and keep checking. (Some of them will put you on a standby list and priority goes to those who belong to their frequent sailing club). Depending on the port you may be able to book an identical shore excursion from a local company right on the dock. You can find some companies on the internet and book on line. Lots of time it will be cheaper than the ships tour but be aware that the ship will sail without you if you are late! They WILL hold the ship for one of their tours if it is running late! Even if your first choice is sold out chances are there is a second or third choice excursion available. Hope this helps. terrytallent1

Archived