Cucumber Beach Review

Duck Down

We took our kids to Cucumber beach back in November 05. We decided to give it a try after not finding out much on the boards.

Cucumber beach is approx a 15 minute drive from the where the tenders drop you off. We looked around for transport just outside the gate and found a tour van to drop us off and pick us back up at an arranged time. I cannot remember the exact cost but believe it was around $20/person return. Kids were free.

Admission for the beach was $5. You are given a beach only wrist band.

The beach is man made an is an extention of a marina/resturaunt/museam complex. The beach is sand and when you enter the water, it changes to a mud/sand mix. Water is not clear but it is clean. They seem to have been building an extention to the beach.

There are washrooms with flush toilets and showers right on the beach. There are plastic lounge chairs, chairs and tables as well.

In the water there is a swim up dock, water trampoline, inner tubes, and 2-3 canoes. There is also one of those swinging ropes into the water.

There are waiters that come around for drink/food orders. Belkin beer was around $2/bottle and frozen drinks in the $5 range.

Although we had a good time, we felt that the water reminded us more like an inland swimming hole instead of an oceanfront beach.

Hope this helps.

Rob

IM006165.JPG.23adabecec11472475a1b406c546bc47.JPG

IM006242.JPG.30f91f958d749ae4333b4d410777df94.JPG

IM006243.JPG.af61430ae65de7277486ef08482b24cd.JPG

Rob, thanks for the info.

Yours is the first review I've seen on Cucumber Beach.

I think the muddy water would've been disappointing to me as well.

I look forward to the clear Carribean waters.

Yes Thank you for your review...

I stick with the Cayes...Goff's or Rendevous or caye Caulker for a beach that also has some snorkeling...I am glad for the review about Cucumber because many people want the "cheap local beach" option..and I always worry that you would get what you pay for...

I had hoped I was wrong and it would be a good cheap option...but it sounds disappointing...I'll stick to the cayes at a higher price!!! Thanks~

If you are not a swimmer and are only interested in a lounge chair in sandy area to have a few drinks/food, Cucumber beach would still be a good choice.

Kids would have fun with the water toys.

But, TravelWorks is right, the cayes are the way to go for the true beach experience.

We will be back in the summer and are debating doing a tour or heading to one of the cayes.

Archived