Christmas on NCL

jeb9860

I was looking at NCL for Christmas 2006. We cruise every year for Christmas and fancied trying NCL as we are just over an hour away from New York.

I have a couple of questions though.

How long before you get to the warmer weather after leaving from New York.

Does the pool have an a retractable cover over it for colder days

Do they have Santa on the ship.

Do they have special Christmas dinners and formal nights.

Thanks. We have cruised 7 times but always from Florida and San Juan just wanted to find out more about NCL.

How long before you get to the warmer weather after leaving from New York?

Usually when you're off Florida, the second morning out of NYC.

Does the pool have an a retractable cover over it for colder days?

No!

Do they have Santa on the ship?

No! But NCL will decorate their ships up appropriately.

Do they have special Christmas dinners and formal nights?

Yes, they do have Christmas dinners. No, NCL doesn't do a "Formal" night, but NCL will do "Optional Formal" nights. Usually 30 to 40% will dress up into business suits, or Sunday best; far fewer dress up in tuxedos. Most dress up in "Resort Casual" attire, which is always appropriate on NCL ships.

Hi our family is also from New Jersey we live pretty much at the very end of the G.S. Parkway. Our family decided to take our first cruise and to go away for the first at Christmas last year (12/22-1/2/06). We choose NCL Dawn because we would not have to worry about flying weren't to concern on the places since we have only been to Jam., but really enjoyed the Western Island. It was very easy to get to and parking was great. Parking cost was $180.00. From what we understood any cruise more then 7 days you are charge a flat monthly rate. Our first night it was a little chilly they had a barq. out at the pool while sailing out of New York, but by the next day in the afternoon you could wear a short sleeve shirt and a pair of capri, my 11 year old daughter actually went swimming that day. By the next day everyone was out at the pool by 10:00. Do remember the weather in New Jersey was not bad either. The pool does not have a retractable cover, they do have an indoor pool for adults. My daughter went to the Kids Camp, an on Christmas Eve they went around the boat with camp singing Christmas Carols. On Christmas morning they had Santa Claus on deck 7 right above the Java Bar and gave each child a gift. My daughter got a AM/FM Portable Radio. About an hour later we saw some of the camp couselors and they had some extra gifts and gave my 15 year old son a NCL back pack. The second night on the cruise was the captain dinner and some people were all dress up and some didn't. Christmas dinner was Turkey and all the trimmings and alot but not all people got dressed up. New Years Eve was another night that people got dressed up. We had a great time and would love to go again this Christmas on a NCL ship. We are actually seriously thinking of NCL Spirit leaving New York 12/21-1/2/07. We are first timers and really enjoy the freestyle we didn't really have any complaints and it never really seem very crowded except at the pool on a sea day. If you have any other questions I would be glad to help. I actually have some of the dallies they gave to you each night that told you what was going on the next day. The cruise was to the Western Islands.

Archived