Cruise paid in full now shows balance due - FCC issue?

I paid my May, 2021, cruise on Symphony in full in October, 2020.  It was paid with two FCC's from a RCCL cancelled cruise and an amount in caseh. I have a receipt showing it's paid in full.  I noticed in the Cruise Planner that I had the option to make a payment, so I requested a new invoice to verify the balance due. 

Lo and behold, the balance now shows almost $900 and my FCC's have been applied for a total of nearly $900 less than they were for.  On the phone with RCCL now trying to straighten it out.

Anyone else had this issue?  I know there is a know issue with lift and shifts and FCC's, but this is not a lift and shift.

Edited by shutterbug63

• shutterbug63 changed the title to Cruise paid in full now shows balance due - FCC issue?
22 minutes ago, shutterbug63 said:

I paid my May, 2021, cruise on Symphony in full in October, 2020.  It was paid with two FCC's from a RCCL cancelled cruise and an amount in caseh. I have a receipt showing it's paid in full.  I noticed in the Cruise Planner that I had the option to make a payment, so I requested a new invoice to verify the balance due. 

Lo and behold, the balance now shows almost $900 and my FCC's have been applied for a total of nearly $900 less than they were for.  On the phone with RCCL now trying to straighten it out.

Anyone else had this issue?  I know there is a know issue with lift and shifts and FCC's, but this is not a lift and shift.

Deleted.

sorry, didn’t see that this wasn’t a lift and shift. 

it is still kind of related and has to do with the fact that they are removing all FCC’s from bookings and then reapplying them in a different way so that they show as a payment (the 100% part) or a credit (bonus 25% part) and not just a reduction of the cruise fare. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Deleted.

sorry, didn’t see that this wasn’t a lift and shift. 

it is still kind of related and has to do with the fact that they are removing all FCC’s from bookings and then reapplying them in a different way so that they show as a payment (the 100% part) or a credit (bonus 25% part) and not just a reduction of the cruise fare. 

Thank you! I just did the math and I'm guessing that's what happened.  The difference works out to about what the additional 25% I was given on the FCC's I used.

• Like 2

Guest BigRoger

Hi folks we’ve just been though all our RCG direct booking final balances and have found the same FCC issue (ie it’s just been deleted and ignored in the ‘new’ final balance showing online). 

BUT we have also encountered a different issue in that for at least one of our cruises booked (we can’t check all because they are with TAs) the start point price of the cruise has been changed too!!!! It’s now thousands out!

DW speaking with RCG found out that ‘a system update’ seems to have wiped FCCs and also some other data too... including some baseline pricing... not ideal by any means.

(We should record that some bookings are also totally correct... so even the issues themselves have seemingly little consistency!).

Of course each to their own but it’s worth checking... we are going to also check what RCG have in their systems for the TA ‘owned’ ones. 

all best folks, Roger