Mariner Room Service Anyone?

we were on Mariner for the 2nd time oct. 2005. It was our first balcony and we had breakfast from room service every morning. It was wonderful eggs were actually good and we liked eating on the balcony. Didn't try lunch or dinner.

Debbie

I probably shouldn't weigh in on this...but I will. :)

We ordered room service breakfast once on our Mariner sailing and it was terrible. The eggs were cold and rubbery and I ordered a side of bacon but never received it. DH thought his eggs were terrible too so we ended up just running down to the Windjammer (as we did every other morning) for breakfast that morning.

It was nice that they called us before they came up to our stateroom though. We used the doorknob order form the night before. And the coffee was good (although I guess coffee is subjective on these boards...I've heard some people complain about Mariners coffee. I personally really liked it and so enjoyed drinking my coffee out on our balcony)

I have to say that I really didn't give Room service a fair chance. They could have had a bad morning but I was never inclined to order it again to see. We loved breakfast in the Windjammer so it wasn't a big loss to us...just a bit of a bummer that we couldn't enjoy a nice breakfast on our balcony.

Also, we didn't try lunch or dinner (or snacks) and may have had a better experience with that if we had given it a try.

Good Luck and I hope you have a better experience with it than we did :)

BTW, we had a great time on the Mariner...we loved the ship and the Room service problem didn't ruin it for us at all.

Our experience this past January with Room Service was Excellent! The menu is a little bit on the limited side, but with the exception of the dining room, it was the best food that we had. My dd ordered a cheeseburger at 1 am - food was warm and was very good. We also ordered breakfast a time or 2, and it was also very good - compared to the windjammer - I would choose room service. I can not recall the menu items, I apologize. Have a great trip

We ordered room service breakfast once on our Mariner sailing and it was terrible. The eggs were cold and rubbery and I ordered a side of bacon but never received it. DH thought his eggs were terrible too so we ended up just running down to the Windjammer (as we did every other morning) for breakfast that morning.

Ditto.

The bagels were also rubbery. It was a workout for my jaw just attempting to chew threw them. The eggs were awful and the hash browns we had were terrible.

We ordered 3 times, hoping it would get better, but it didn't. We just ended up going to the Windjammer instead.

The only plus is that they were right on time (for when we asked for delivery using the slip you leave on the door) every morning... and, as was stated, they called before they came by... so that was nice.

Service was excellent... the food stunk something horrible.

Archived