Grand Turk and Labadee need some help!

lyndaedris

WE are going on the new Holland American ship the Noordam and it stops in Grand Turk. Does anyone know what to do there? We are going in March of this year.

In Sept. we are going on the New Freedom of the Seas which stops in Labadee. Does anyone know what to do there?

I could use some help in finding a few good excursions to choose from as I really don't want to book through the ship.

Thanks everyone!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Labadee is a private island (well they call it a island but it is not completely surrounded by water so I am not sure were island comes from !!!) of RCI. It is a part of Haiti but is it secured with gates and secuirty and you do not leave the "compound". I am going in May with Mariner of the Seas and I have heard there is a market and plenty of water activities. I have heard is is very pretty and that RCI offers a complimentary BBQ on the beach and entertainment. Hoped this helps !!

For Grand Turk, I found this great web site somewhere on these boards.

www.grandturkcc.com It shows the new cruiseport and gives information on this stop. I will be going there this May, so really wanted all the facts I could find.

I have been to Labadee on Explorer of the Seas. It is a completely fenced in area on a peninsula in Haiti. There is no dock, you take tenders to get there. There were nice beach areas, you could rent snorkle equipment and other water toys. They served a great lunch buffet. There is a tented area where they let the local vendors set up for shopping. I found them to be kind of pushy in there, we didn't stay long and I ended up buying nothing. I have heard that there is now a water play area for kids but I think they may charge extra for that, not sure as that was not there when we went. Beautiful stop, we really enjoyed our day there and I'd love to go back someday.

Archived