Carnival Destiny

mcrm7625

CARNIVAL DESTINY

We were a bit turned off at the beginning with the 2 1/2 hour line to get onto the ship. This was outrageous!!! We had filled out our Fun Pass ahead of time, however the people who had NOT filled one out moved through their line quicker than we did!

We had scheduled for late seating each night but once checked in found that all of our group was on early seating. More standing in line to get that straightened out. There were MANY people who had the same problem, but we were told our travel agent screwed up. I don't think that many travel agents screwed up!

Food was good, entertainment was good. The ship itself was nice and well maintained. The rooms were in good condition and as we had expected. We have sailed Norwegian previously and were happier with them. They offered more things to do on sea days. Their staff also friendlier.

REYNO TOURS - DOMINICA

We took a great tour in Dominica through Reyno Tours. I booked the tour (for the 13 of us traveling together) through Reyno directly a couple weeks before we sailed (reynotours@hotmail.com). It cost us $30 per person and $2 entry fee each to the falls and emerald pool - just as Reyno had told us ahead of time. The driver, Ashford, and the tour guide, Rosalind, were well versed. We feel we got an excellent tour and got our money's worth! They tailored the tour to us and allowed us extra time at some places and made more stops as we wanted.

KUKKOO KUNUKO - ARUBA

We took a great party bus tour - Kukoo Kunuku - in Aruba. Again, I booked this online with them directly instead of going through the ship to book it. Saved us $25 per person!! This was a lot of fun - going to 3 bars and partying - and also getting a full meal early in the evening. If you're into partying, this is a great topper to your evening.

:) We took the kukoo kanuku last year as well, great time!!! My dh saw it on E! and had to go, talk about a fun time! I believe it returned about 10:30pm, but we stayed at Carlos and Charlies until 11:00, almost missed the boat, but so worth it!

Greetings Sue!

Me and my party of 4 got to the port just prior to noon and with the Fast Pass completed, moved along really quickly (got from the port to the ship entrance in under an hour). Those without the Fast Pass seemed to take about an hour just to get past the first registration point. I know these times seem to vary as I've read so many different waiting times from people on here. Still, the Fast Pass is the way to go. If you think the line is shorter with the people who don't have it, then why not just jump in that line? When you get to the desk to do some final registering...you'll move along that much faster since you will have already completed the registration information online.

Our reservation for our entire party (8) was for the late seating, but somehow it was changed to the early seating. You just have to know to go to the restaurant just forward of the ship entrance as soon as you board and talk to the maitre'd. Say you had reservations for late seating. If they can't accommodate you like the couldn't accommodate us, they'll put you on a standby list. Later that day, we got a little note in our cabin that said they were able to change us from the early seating to the late seating. Considering it was 8 of us, a full table on the Destiny, if your party is any smaller, you shouldn't have a problem...just see the maitre'd early....have a great time

Archived