Mobility impaired on MSC Ocean Cay

Hangman115

I am now mobility impaired. Having to get around in an electric wheelchair. I live next to the ocean in Florida. I know my wheelchair does not do so good in the sand.

My question is{ How easy might it be to get around in a wheelchair on MSC's private island?

On 3/7/2021 at 10:09 AM, mikensuenfl said:

YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM PAVED WALKWAY LEADS TO ALL OF ISLAND, ALSO COURTESY TRAM LIKE CART.

While there are paved paths around the island, you need to contact MSC to see if sand wheelchairs are available for "off roading."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nashna said:

I did see those large sand wheelchairs at the pier in Ocean Cay.

Thank you. Those chairs are good if you had two people. One to sit and one to push. Many portable wheelchairs have a wat for the person sitting, to move them selves by gra bbing and moving the big back whhels. My problem would be I am a solo traveler this time. No one to push me around. So those beach  wheelchairs would not help me.

Again, contact special needs at MSC.

We cruised with a couple where the husband needed an electric scooter for the long hauls (walker for limited distances).

They were in an accessible cabin and they had all the information he had submitted about his needs. Anywhere we went in the ship, the crew was aware of his limitations (scooter vs walker) and knew what to do to help him.

We cruised pre Ocean Cay so a beach was not an issue on our cruise. As Ocean Cay is MSC's private island, there may be procedures in place for guests needing assistance.

You may also try posting a specific question in the Cruise Critic Disabled Cruising forum as someone that posts on that forum may have specific information for you.

When we cruised with our friends, people on that forum provided me with details on getting around the various ports with a scooter.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/