single cabins on HAL ships

barbarainva

I had a cabin on Carnival Glory to Bermuda once.  It was category 1A, which typically means an interior with upper/lower berths.  But there are a few cabins on that class (Conquest class) that have portholes with a single bed and a sofa bed.  Very spacious for a solo.  I was on the 2nd passenger deck, right where the hull bends toward the prow.

Problem was the banging.  OMG.  It was like a huge steel door being slammed over and over and over all night.  I only had a 3-hr drive home.  I would've been very concerned with a longer drive given my terrible night's sleep.  So, yes, that's another reason I didn't book one on Rotterdam.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 5:33 PM, richwmn said:

shouldn't they know? that answer is yes. but even in the ranks of the PCC there is a varying amount of knowledge and to some extent caring. all too often a CSR takes the quick answer rather than verifying. As I also mentioned, your PCC mentioned the newest four ships, which cover two classes of ship.

I was actually the one who mentioned the four new ships to her.  And she told me I must be thinking of another cruise line, like NCL. I told her I don't sail those other lines. I honestly think she was lying to me and trying to get me to spend more money, when I specifically told her I was trying to do this as cheaply as possible.

So my next question is, how do I go about changing PCCs?

24 minutes ago, KitKatK said:

I was actually the one who mentioned the four new ships to her.  And she told me I must be thinking of another cruise line, like NCL. I told her I don't sail those other lines. I honestly think she was lying to me and trying to get me to spend more money, when I specifically told her I was trying to do this as cheaply as possible.

Get a good travel agent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KitKatK said:

Dial the 800 number for PCC but instead of entering the current PCC's extention, listen to the menu until the option to speak to someone else. Ask that person to be connected to a manager. Pursue from there.

ETA: 800-355-3017

Edited by crystalspin

On 8/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, crystalspin said:

Dial the 800 number for PCC but instead of entering the current PCC's extention, listen to the menu until the option to speak to someone else. Ask that person to be connected to a manager. Pursue from there.

ETA: 800-355-3017

Thanks so much. Here's to hoping my next PCC is a good one!

• Like 1