honeymooner

meghanrn2b

I think there is usually a party for honeymooners/anniversary couples. Other than that, you really can't expect much. Some cruises have literally hundreds of honeymooning couples. If you want something special, you could order one of the Romance packages or other goodies.

Congratulations.

beachchick

There is a meet and mingle party for honeymooners, and that is it, unfortunately. I was sorta disappointed. Our waiter was a real heel too...so we didnt get lucky there either.

Request a table for two upon boarding ship through dining room as a special treat though...best decision we made on our cruise. Make sure to get to dining room UPON Boarding and wait in line for dining seating changes....its luck of the draw, but if not too many ahead of you got tables for 2, you could very well do it. We got on board Navigator at 1130 to make sure we got our table. It was well worth the hour we waited in line!

My fiancée and I will be honeymooning on the Freedom of the Seas for the Sept. 3 cruising.

I'm not really worried about them doing anything special. While the romance of sitting by ourselves is nie, we actually prefer to sit at a big table with others. We've had the best time on cruises when we've met other couples and then have others to party with (especially in Cozumel at Señor Frogs/Carlos N' Charlies).

I read on some thread that if you called RCC ahead of time, and brought marriage certificate on board there was some kind of free package -- champagne, strawberries, photo frame.

Is this a rumor, or just something they used to do but don't offer anymore?

There is a meet and mingle party for honeymooners, and that is it, unfortunately. I was sorta disappointed. Our waiter was a real heel too...so we didnt get lucky there either.

Request a table for two upon boarding ship through dining room as a special treat though...best decision we made on our cruise. Make sure to get to dining room UPON Boarding and wait in line for dining seating changes....its luck of the draw, but if not too many ahead of you got tables for 2, you could very well do it. We got on board Navigator at 1130 to make sure we got our table. It was well worth the hour we waited in line!

A table for 2 is key. However, if you can't get a table for 2 avoid a table for 4. If you don;t like the other couple, it can be a very boring and awkward meal.

Use the dining room only for the formal nights. Use the specialty dining room at least once and enjoy room service for dinner one night. One of the best meals we ever had was our first meal on our honeymoon. Can't remember a single thing that was served;)

That is the romance package, and I read that too before I sailed (that is was free if you showed proof of marriage within so many days before sailing), but then was told it wasnt offered any longer, but maybe its different once again?

There are several Romance packages, all at a cost.

I do suggest dinner one evening in Portofino as it is intimate and outstanding.

The Honeymoon package is still avaliable, I talked to RCCl this week and they said to just fax my documents in before we leave, your honeymoon must be within 6 weeks of the wedding.

I'm also hoping for a table for just the 2 of us.

This is what you get:

This package includes a bottle of chilled Champagne upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner, and delicious petit fours after dinner on the first formal evening; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed, 8" x 10' keepsake portrait. s.gif

Sam

Thanks for the above post!

Well by golly I think I am gonna do some MAJOR complaining to RCCL since they told me that deal was discontinued when I sailed last May! I think I may request they serve it all to us on my March cruise due to the miscommunication with customer service for my honeymoon cruise. That really makes me mad that the help doesnt have their facts straight, but soooooooooooo typical unfortunately!!!

Thanks for the above post!

Well by golly I think I am gonna do some MAJOR complaining to RCCL since they told me that deal was discontinued when I sailed last May! I think I may request they serve it all to us on my March cruise due to the miscommunication with customer service for my honeymoon cruise. That really makes me mad that the help doesnt have their facts straight, but soooooooooooo typical unfortunately!!!

Tell me about it. We got married Oct. 15th...sailed on the Mariner for our honeymoon on Oct. 16th. We too contacted RCCL for the same reason and was told that they have the honeymooners party but that was it, that the other "perk" was discontinued.

It IS possible however that whoever penlanspice talked to is actually giving out bum information. Oliver, if you get any info keep us updated.

Archived