Sending Amenities to RCCl or Celebrity - Don't

natah

icon1.gifSending Amenities to RCCl or Celebrity - Don't

Recently sent 2 items to my parents for their first cruise, one to be delievered the first day and the second on the 4th.

The second item was not that expensive but the idea was for them to get a smile and know that we were thinking of them.

They recieved the first and called from the ship, very excited, never heard from them about the second. They arrived home today and I asked if they had received anything on the 4th night such as a fruit basket. Remembered that they had but did not have a card. Called and the concierge checcked as well, found it was shipped through Miami and the only information they had was that it was from ****. As they were in a suite and had been getting amenities throughout the cruise, they were told it must be from the captain.

They did not eat the fruit but that was not the point of sending the item, it was to let them we were thinking of them.

Called customer service and they only indicated they would send a note to the ship. Kept going higher and basically they would do nothing.

So what I learnied was....if you want to send an amenity to someone taking a cruise on Royal Carribean or Celebrity but don't care if they do not know it was from you go ahead, if you want to send something to let someone know you are thinking of them, the DON'T as they may be told it was from the captain and the company will not do anything beyond an apology.

You said it was shipped from Miami? Was this from an outside source? Or, was it RCI? If so, why would this be RCI's fault? Maybe the card was on there, and fell off.....

No where did the OP say the gift was from RCI, unless I read it wrong.

We're going on RCCL in November, and I'd love to send a nice surprise for my S/O. I'm a rookie cruiser, so not sure how this works. Any insight? What can and cannot be sent? (Wine? Flowers?) Who do you use? :confused:

Hi Bill:

Don't be confused. Flowers can be ordered after you are on the ship. My husband has had flowers delivered to me that he ordered that way. They were delivered promptly - and they were beautiful.

Have a great cruise.

Archived