Jewel Deck 7 Aft Side Balconies

jmkennett

Does anyone have any experience with the aft side balconies on the radiance class ships? These are the ones with the large balconies that are not very private and look out onto the ledge. How big are the balconies? How are the views? Would you move? Etc. Some pictures I've seen give the preception that if you were standing on the balcony and looking toward the back of the ship, all you would see is the wall from one of the suites. If you look straight out you are looking at the ledge and above everyone can look down on you. Thanks.

We were on the Jewel last week...cabin 7664.

It was very near the rear. I dont think any of the balconies had a direct look "down" at the water. The covering deck for the lifeboats covered the entire rear of the boat.

However, the last 10 or so balconies at the rear of the ship on deck 7 were very large...much larger than the rest on the same deck. Ours was almost 10 x 10 which is VERY large. We had a chaise lounge, a regular deck chair, a deck chair with an attached stool and a table. I was still able to store my largest suitcase out there and it was never in the way.

I really enjoyed that balcony. I just wish we had a better view of the water.

Hope this helps someone decide. It was worth the walk to the elevators to have such a large balcony.

These pics are small due to the attachment size limit. Email me for larger pics.

tonyfred@charter.net

Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas 1992

Norwegian Sky - Alaska 2002

Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean 2005

Jewel of the Seas - Western Caribbean 2006

balcony1.jpg.9d5dfae0a8f5f4178d85ddd382881558.jpg

balcony2.jpg.57bb3ab064bbead72c76c7e9a5d90fab.jpg

Archived