Busted with Booze????

PSCruiser

Both times I've departed from Galveston, one on Splendor and the other on Rhapsody, I have carried on two bottles of wine. They checked out the WINE and said, "fine", just no hard alcohol. We are going again in April and I will take the Italian Wine that RCI doesn't carry (I'm Italian and I am partial to the Italian wines). Several people ahead of us had hard liquor conficated.

I've been on two cruises and we brought about 4-5 bottles of hard stuff in our checked bags. We bought Platypus water bottles from REI. They are essentially plastic bags with lids on them, and are pretty unbreakable. You can even get a pour spout for them! We get the 1 liter sizes, pour the 750ml bottles into them, push out the air, and viola, very safe, hard to detect liquor bottles. They don't impart any taste either, the scotch I brought on (an 18 yr old) was perfect.

I snuck a gallon of vodka on the Victory last year. Oddly enough, when I got my luggage "Alc" was written on the luggage tag they had supplied me. I had a padlock on my suitcase though so I know they didn't search it.

I don't know why that was there. It did freak me out a little.

Unless they have really cracked down don't sweat it. I have never had anything taken from me. Whats in my checked luggage has stayed there and the case plus of wine that I carry on has never even gotten a second look. There are lots of ways to sneak it on. I don't sneak, I put it right in there face like I own the place.

Archived