Adventure of the Seas

APURK

I've heard that this ship is almost completely booked for the Jan 7-14, 07 sailing. I just checked out airfare @ cheaptickets (we book the cruise through AAA and purchase airfare separately to save $), and tickets for these dates aren't even available yet. How is this possible? Are travel agencies able to reserve plane seats before they become available to the general public? How much time do you think I have left to book this sailing and get a decent room? We didn't book the cruise we were supposed to take in January of this year until about this time last year.

APURK

Relax, the earliest you can buy airfair is 330 days before your trip. Some other airlines, like JetBlue and Southwest, are less (4-6 months in advance)...And I really doubt that the cruise is almost sold out 11 months in advance. There's a reason the prices on that cruise are less than other other in early 2007 (aside from the Jan 14th cruise, which is the one I am going on). January is a bit of a low season, coming right after the holidays in December. I followed airfair for this January and there were plenty of flights and good deals. Relax and enjoy looking forward to your cruise!

Even if the ship is almost completely sold out, no one has been able to purchase airfares until today. A lot of people (most) will not buy tickets when they first come available because they want to search for lower fares.

Also, I checked RCI's website and it is showing availability in every single category. I don't think it is anywhere close to being "sold out." If it were there would be no suites left (there were several available), very few balconies left (multiple categories are available), and few insides left (multiple categories are available).

I think some of the problem is from the roll call for the Jan 7-14, 2007 AOS cruise. Some posts suggest that this cruise is close to being sold out, which is not the case. We booked two weeks ago with our TA and were able to get connecting cabins aft on deck 9 (balcony connected with inside) - there are only 2 of them on the whole ship, so it can't be that full! On a different note, we were trying to book our airline tickets and were told by USAIR that they only book 330 days out. So, as of right now, you can book your flight to San Juan, but not the flight back. The return flight on the 14th of Jan will come available this Saturday. Hope to see you next year :)

Archived