Paying cruise in full and price adjustment

philamom

I realize that everyone is different....but we are sailing Oct. 5 and we are just leaving the cruise fare in our money market account until July, when the final payment is due. If the cruise price drops before then, it will just be deducted from our final payment amount. No refund is required. But, that's just us, and it will work either way.:D

Certainly it's fine if you want to pay in full now, but I'm with pbhunt on this. Why let RCI earn interest on it when you could pop it into a money market or short-term CD? It might not be all that much interest, but every little bit is a little bit more "fun" money.

Yes, typically RCI will do price adjustments, even after required final payment dates. The only time they won't is if it's a "new bookings only" special. And they don't do adjustments automatically, you have to keep checking yourself and then call to request it.

beachchick

Can you get a credit if you go through a travel agent?

Justwaiting

Most travel agents will request the difference in price change for you. There are some that will not do it as a $100 reduction in your price means a $10 to $15 reduction in their commission. To me, it makes more sense to keep you, the client, happy if I possibly can. Most new business comes from referrals.

Archived