No Vines on Discovery Princess?

lljost

My husband and I just booked a B2B2B for Spring 2022 on Discovery Princess.  Looking over their deck plans I see no Vines Wine Bar but a Gastro Pub instead. Seriously? Beer over wine? Very disappointed! Yes I understand micro breweries and specialty beers are the in thing but I have yet to cruise on any Princess ship where Vines isn't always busy! They could even combine the two and come up with a new bar name. Gastro Pub is going to sell pub food and beer. No thanks!

No Vines, but don't worry. Expect there will be a nice selection of wines at another location, examples Crown Grill Bar, Crooner's, Good Spirits Bar, Take Five Lounge. Once the ship sails those on board will report the wine location(s). Good $$$ for Princess to totally eliminate.

• Like 1

Most of the gastropubs we have visited in Britain and Canada actually sell more wine than they do beer.  A gastropub basically serves higher end food than a regular pub and that is often accompanied by wine rather than beer.

Wikipedia - A gastropub (sometimes referred to as a gastrolounge or in the United States as a gastrobar) is a hybrid pub, bar, and restaurant, notable for serving alcoholic drinks and food.[1] The term was coined in the 1990s, although similar brewpubs existed during the 1980s.