Celebrity Air rebooking

MoreyCreek

I called Flights by Celebrity to change a booking that I made a few weeks ago for an upcoming cruise in Europe next April.  We had decided to go a day earlier than originally planned, and I found a good fare on Celebrity's site for the new flight.  The agent confirmed that the flights we wanted were available and when he quoted the fare, it was almost $500 more than the flight Celebrity was offering.  I asked why the difference and the agent told me that the price shown was only an "estimate" and since I was rebooking, that would be the price (the same price the airline was offering for the same flights).  The other person on my cruise reservation has not booked a flight, so I tried booking the same flights for her and the total was the lower price.  Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel a reservation (by calling the agent) and later book a new flight on-line?  If it matters, final payment isn't due until January.  Has anyone else had a similar situation?

It could not hurt to try it that way, cancel and rebook, especially if you want the earlier flight.

Either it will be $500 more or $500 less than your current booking, just depends on how much you want to depart a day sooner in order to test it out OR book at the airline site if pricing is better or equal and not a non-refundable or restricted ticket.

bon voyage

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 11:44 PM, MoreyCreek said:

I called Flights by Celebrity to change a booking that I made a few weeks ago for an upcoming cruise in Europe next April.  We had decided to go a day earlier than originally planned, and I found a good fare on Celebrity's site for the new flight.  The agent confirmed that the flights we wanted were available and when he quoted the fare, it was almost $500 more than the flight Celebrity was offering.  I asked why the difference and the agent told me that the price shown was only an "estimate" and since I was rebooking, that would be the price (the same price the airline was offering for the same flights).  The other person on my cruise reservation has not booked a flight, so I tried booking the same flights for her and the total was the lower price.  Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel a reservation (by calling the agent) and later book a new flight on-line?  If it matters, final payment isn't due until January.  Has anyone else had a similar situation?

I did.  Checked for a flight quote for my May cruise.  It was a great price for business class seats so I tried to book online.  Price was $700 per person more than the quote.  Celebrity currently running a promotion with 20% off and up to $700 off airfare.  But it only applies to bookings during the promotion which runs through 11/1.    So my TA cancelled my old booking and rebooked me.  We were able to get $700 off business class airfare per person.  Saved $60 on the cruise

Edited by yogini06
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...