FLL Courtyard Airport/Port - Any info?

martdm

We've reserved a room at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port for the night before our cruise.

It seems to get good reviews but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that from experience? How is the shuttle service? Is there anywhere to get a quick late night bit nearby (we won't be arriving until around 11pm).

I really appreciate any input anyone can provide!

We've reserved a room at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port for the night before our cruise.

It seems to get good reviews but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that from experience? How is the shuttle service? Is there anywhere to get a quick late night bit nearby (we won't be arriving until around 11pm).

I really appreciate any input anyone can provide!

We stayed at the property last June. It was a new hotel, very clean. They had a bar as I recall and offered a hot breakfast (for an extra charge) in the lobby area. Next door there was a very good fish restaurant and across the parking lot there was a Bass Pro Shop.

The shuttle service was very good. You need to sign in at the front desk when you check in. Shuttles leave on the hour and are booked according to how many cruisers have signed up.

This place is 5 - 10 min from the airport. They will pick you up if you use the courtesy phone in the baggage claim area. It is probably a 10-15 min ride to Port Everglades from the property.

I would stay there again for a night if necessary. If you are staying for more than one evening - look at the Mariott Harbor Beach. Very nice beachfront property.

Thanks for the info stones902. Sounds like it fits the bill...we're arriving late & will head to the port in the AM so there's no sense in booking beachfront; we won't get to enjoy it.

Any idea if there is anyplace to get a more casual late night bite? I think we'd just want to grab a sandwich or something to bring back to the room.

Other than the aforementioned fish place (which looks nice and I suppose like everything else in Florida is casual), they have a minibar type of setup in the lobby of this hotel. You can pick 7-11 style sandwiches, candy bars soda, etc and pay at the front desk. This is probably OK only if you are craving a late night snack - I don't think I would rely on it for dinner.

Is there anywhere to get a quick late night bit nearby (we won't be arriving until around 11pm).

Unfortunately the Islamorada Fish Company next door to the hotel will be closed by the time you arrive. I'm presuming you'll be without a car so to answer your question, there is nowhere nearby to grab a bite to eat.

That's what I suspected! Thank you for the clarification Bequia & stones902. We'll be traveling from late afternoon on so we'll plan accordingly!

I really appreciate all the help with this hotel's info!!

Archived