Cabin Location

SeaCCruiser

Given a choice between C1 7006 Oceanview, next to a Vista Suite, or a C1 on Deck 4, what would be the best location?

Cabin 7006 is much larger than any other C1 on Deck 4, because it is the same length as the cabins with a balcony, so that is a plus, as well as being on 7 rather than 4.

Our concern is that it may get a little rough so far forward, sailing on May 18 from Istanbul to Athens. Choppy waters have never bothered us in the past, but Nautica may ride a little differently. Any advice is welcomed, and thank you for your response.

I for one would opt for the C1 on deck 4. We were down there, in #4031, on Regatta, this past August into the Baltic, and it was fine.

Sis-in-law was up in 6004, and in every port she said thruster noise and vibration very evident, EARLY in the AM.

We liked our C1 so much we have booked another one, #4032, on Nautica, through the Suez, 11-06.

I have a friend who was in 7006 for a Baltic cruise and she loved the cabin. I would rather be more aft, because my husband tends to get seasick and I think you feel movement more if your cabin is forward.

Joan

We've stayed in the far forward cabins and never had any problems with noise or motion, but then again, we're pretty deep sleepers. And a cabin on deck 4 might not be any better if those are far forward - you'd be 3 decks closer to the noise and vibration from the bow thrusters! To their credit, they're only used when docking in the morning, so the noise is very limited. And if you've got a shore excursion scheduled that morning, you're probably already awake anyways, if not eating breakfast upstairs.

And as far as motion is concerned, if choppy seas haven't bothered you before, they won't bother you on the Nautica - particularly since so much of your cruising is going to be so close to shore, with very little across open water.

We had friends staying in one of the forward Outsides, and the extra space was nice to have, especially with all the souvenirs you'll be picking up along the way. And we like being on decks 7 and 8, since that puts us that much closer to the food. :)

We will be in cabin 7007 (same as 7006 on the opposite side) for the 2nd time on March 30. We found that, although a balcony is pleasant, we didn't use it that much, but we really appreciated the extra space in this cabin. We're fairly good sailors so had no problem with the fact that it is far foward.

I have a feeling that whichever you choose, you'll enjoy the cabin and the ship.

Marilyn

Archived