The PRIDE just docked in Puerta Vallarta

glrounds

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ironically, the same cruise director as I had on my last 2 cruises (ELATION & GLORY). Greg Kneale. Funny, but unfortunately for my situation very predictable (identical presentation as the 2 previous times).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I didn't post in Cabo. Got all tangled up with a realtor selling property in this boater's haven.

Apparently, Greg Kneale, the PRIDE Cruise Director reads these boards, as he incorporated a retort in a later show (all in fun, I'm sure) to my original post, saying "I have a couple of new jokes for you, wouldn't want Gary thinking I'm TOO PREDICTABLE". icon_eek.gif

Later that night, was overheard saying this was my 3rd consecutive cruise with Greg being the CD and he asked me if I was the Gary that made the "predictable" post. I owned up to it, assuring him that I thought he was a fantastic cruise director and my comment was not to be taken in any way as a "negative" about him. He explained, quite succinctly, that very few paxs in his audience would have had him for a CD on 3 consecutive cruises on 3 different ships. I quite agreed. A very nice guy who has the Taj Mahal Showroom in stitches 100% of the time and perfect for this ship and this itinerary.

Disembarkation went smoothly. My color called off the ship at 9:15, hit the gangway at 9:30, out of the parking garage by 9:54 and home by 10:40.

Carnival continues to excel in every way and with this new "state of the art" center at Long Beach with the beautiful and gracious PRIDE doing the Mexican Riviera, I'm sure this won't be my last cruise on her. Looking forward to many, many more. icon_smile.gif

Live well, love much, laugh often.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Gary,

Thanks for each of your reports along the way. You provided a great commentary along with useful tidbits for those of us who will be sailing on the Pride. I can hardly wait for my trip that I know will be fantastic.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise & the wraparound balcony

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Mom's 80th birthday- It's no longer a surprise!!

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kajsb:

Gary,

Have you found the log book in the library? If so, was it easy to find?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kathy, the log book was resting on a pedestal right inside the entrance to the library. Looks very prominent there. Not many entries, however, and I think I was the only poster to this logbook this cruise. icon_frown.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boom op:

Did you take advantage of the early check-in at the Queen Mary? I see that you are from Santa Clarita, I graduated from Hart High in 78 when the town was Newhall. Do you know of anyone that stayed at the Coast Long Beach hotel?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

boom op,

Yes, I went to the Queen Mary and checked-in. Since I was a "last minute cruiser", I didn't have an assigned cabin at that time and with all the upgrades, I actually ended up with a cabin assigned to someone else (I assume they were also upgraded up from the their cabin that I got) so I had to get that cleared up at the final check-in just before boarding. But there were no problems and Carnival handled it beautifully. (There for just a brief instant, I thought I was going to get a cabin in someone else's name with someone else's sign'n'sail card, but no such luck) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Gary~~ enjoyed reading about your cruise as you were on it. Very funny that the CD evidently saw your posting & commented on it!!! Who'd a thought?? Anyway, glad you had a terrific time.

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

boom op,

I didn't stay on her, but I think the Queen Mary has a special price for Carnival paxs. I was told its $99 per night. Others can verify or refute this.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

CMArizona,

There were other cruise critics onboard when I went and they didn't sign the logbook. I don't understand; its right out there in plain sight on a pedestal at the entrance to the library.

Don't know how long they will give it such a prominent spot if nobody signs it.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

It sounds like alot has changed since I went only back in February. I didn't find any CC log book, and there was no pub crawl. Maybe I need to go back again icon_biggrin.gif

lieb24.gif

Official member of O.A.T.C.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;2;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we fool around on the Miracle!

Ecstacy, Western Carib. Sept '99

Pride, Mexican Riv. Feb '04 <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/sweetcharlotte30

" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/sweetcharlotte30

</A>

Yesterday is history

Tomorrow is a mystery

And today is a gift.

When we went I believe the pub crawl was Tuesday night. Started at 8 or 9 at Butterflies

Any other questions regarding other stuff let me know

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;04;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

TILL THE PRIDE 04-25-04 PARTY CRUISE

ECSTASY 1998

You're right Charlotte, the Pub Crawl, according to the CD, Greg Kneale, was in its 3rd or 4th week as an activity. I suspect in view of how big a hit it was that it will continue. icon_smile.gif

I think from time to time the logbook gets "misplaced" icon_rolleyes.gif because the logbook I signed had very few entries in it and I'm not sure, but I think was started around March or April.

The library is only open (means the bookshelves are unlocked and there is an attendant there) ONE HOUR per day. So having it on the pedestal, as I saw it, allows more people access to it more times of the day, but, unfortunately, leaves it open for theft or to be "misplaced". icon_confused.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Archived