NCL complimentary shuttle from the ship to the port gate in Heraklion - questions...

Muckyduckway

If anyone from the recent sailings of the Jade took the bus shuttle from the ship to the port gate in Heraklion -

• where exactly did it drop you off?
  • did it run to a timetable, or just a queue up and hope for the best schedule?
  • when returning to the ship, did it pick-up at the same location as drop-off?

10 hours ago, Muckyduckway said:

If anyone from the recent sailings of the Jade took the bus shuttle from the ship to the port gate in Heraklion -

Was there last week.  I don't exactly remember where the drop off was, but it was near the entrance/exit to the Port.  We took a private excursion -- the bus was waiting when we exited the ship and it was waiting again when we returned.  Not sure if there was a schedule, but we did not have to wait at all either way.

16 hours ago, Muckyduckway said:

Please enjoy this drawing of what I recall.  The shuttle ride was not long, and did not take us into Heraklion.  It basically moves you from the ship to another part of the port, and from there you can walk into town.  Doable, but definitely a walk.  We didn’t see any schedule, but it seemed the shuttles just ran continuously, so the wait should only be a few minutes.  We caught the shuttle at the same place they dropped us off - one was waiting when we walked back.  

*Ship is in green (Jade, naturally).  Shuttle route in purple; red x marks the drop off/pickup.  

58682CE4-E024-4CB8-8125-89AFF6F99289.jpeg

10 hours ago, allaboard99 said:

Was there last week.  I don't exactly remember where the drop off was, but it was near the entrance/exit to the Port.  We took a private excursion -- the bus was waiting when we exited the ship and it was waiting again when we returned.  Not sure if there was a schedule, but we did not have to wait at all either way.

Thank you, that's good to know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swafly5909 said:

Please enjoy this drawing of what I recall.  The shuttle ride was not long, and did not take us into Heraklion.  It basically moves you from the ship to another part of the port, and from there you can walk into town.  Doable, but definitely a walk.  We didn’t see any schedule, but it seemed the shuttles just ran continuously, so the wait should only be a few minutes.  We caught the shuttle at the same place they dropped us off - one was waiting when we walked back.  

*Ship is in green (Jade, naturally).  Shuttle route in purple; red x marks the drop off/pickup.  

Thank you, super map, very useful. 

I won't ask what purple and red denote, but considering the temperatures I could guess 🙂