Travel Restrictions for Entering Italy

jj35

If anyone is booked on the 15-day cruise on NCL Epic leaving Civitavecchia, Nov 20, 2021, or just planning to fly into Rome, what information do you have regarding the travel restrictions for airports in Rome. So far, I have not been able to get a solid answer about what documents you have to show at the airport. I've tried everywhere and no one seems to have a definite answer. Please advise when you know something.

28 minutes ago, jj35 said:

If anyone is booked on the 15-day cruise on NCL Epic leaving Civitavecchia, Nov 20, 2021, or just planning to fly into Rome, what information do you have regarding the travel restrictions for airports in Rome. So far, I have not been able to get a solid answer about what documents you have to show at the airport. I've tried everywhere and no one seems to have a definite answer. Please advise when you know something.

Thank you so much for sending this link. I had already saved it , but even on this site, there is some confusion. My husband and I will feel better when we hear from someone who has actually been there and done that. Then of course, things are changing daily, so by Nov, there could be a whole new set of guidelines. But thank you. I will continue to monitor this site.

We are planning to travel to Italy a week from Thursday, and can report back after we return. We are doing a cruise, but with MSC, not NCL. I would urge you to keep an eye on the US State Dept website for Italy, as information is reliable and updated regularly. Also, we opted to use the smartphone app VeriFly which gives up-to-date information and a checklist of items to make sure you have. But as @epixx rightly states, it's really best to check back later. International travel experiences change nearly every day and November 20 is more than 3 months away. That's a LONG time.

For now, fully vaccinated US travelers (I assume you are from the US based on your apparent location in AL) do not need to present proof of a recent Covid test, but you MUST fill out a Passenger Locator form. https://app.euplf.eu/#/

And you need a passport, of course. But again, who knows what the requirements will be in 3 months?

Have a great cruise, Italy is a wonderful destination. 😄🚢

Thank you so much! We look forward to hearing from you when you get back. We will save the links that you sent and hope you have a great cruise too.

Best

Jere and Jerrye