Cabin # selected not assigned

slk1000

Oddly enough, knowing that others are getting their chosen rooms reassigned makes me feel a little better.  At least it's not personal! I also booked way back in February and chose an extended balcony. I figured that I would sit out there in the shade and read if I got nervous about covid-19 protocols on the ship. With no notice or explanation, they moved me to an exceptionally small balcony at the front of the ship with a connecting door.  I can't sit in the sun, so a tiny balcony is useless for me much of the time. I would have been better off just getting an inside or a window room. What is super annoying is that people who paid far less than I did are getting upgraded to better rooms. And they are still selling better cabins in my category, but we are not allowed to switch.  I've called three times and sent four emails, but to no avail. In fact, no email response at all.  I guess MSC cruises was an experiment for me that failed.  They really don't seem to care about their customers.  That is too bad. I had hoped to have a really good cruise line to sail out of Port Canaveral since we live in Orlando.  Now I just want to cancel and get my money back but it's after the final payment time.  I too have lost my zen. :)

• Like 1

I’m on the October 16 sailing and my husband and I booked two rooms back in February. After reading on this forum about chosen rooms being taken away, I called. Turns out we WERE on deck 9, but they took every cabin back for quarantine purposes. My parents room was reassigned, but MINE was not, it’s set at G0000 or something, basically guaranteed. My parents are older and we booked our room near each other on purpose, as they’ll be helping out with my kids so my husband and I can go do stuff. I’ve called a few times and they can’t assign me a room! They keep trying and even finding rooms near each other to move us to, but the system won’t let them! It’s so frustrating! I just don’t get how my parents were reassigned an actual room but we were not and CANNOT get reassigned. 

On 9/17/2021 at 7:29 AM, sheltielover256 said:

Oddly enough, knowing that others are getting their chosen rooms reassigned makes me feel a little better.  At least it's not personal! I also booked way back in February and chose an extended balcony. I figured that I would sit out there in the shade and read if I got nervous about covid-19 protocols on the ship. With no notice or explanation, they moved me to an exceptionally small balcony at the front of the ship with a connecting door.  I can't sit in the sun, so a tiny balcony is useless for me much of the time. I would have been better off just getting an inside or a window room. What is super annoying is that people who paid far less than I did are getting upgraded to better rooms. And they are still selling better cabins in my category, but we are not allowed to switch.  I've called three times and sent four emails, but to no avail. In fact, no email response at all.  I guess MSC cruises was an experiment for me that failed.  They really don't seem to care about their customers.  That is too bad. I had hoped to have a really good cruise line to sail out of Port Canaveral since we live in Orlando.  Now I just want to cancel and get my money back but it's after the final payment time.  I too have lost my zen. 🙂

I'm sorry that happened to you.  I still haven't been assigned my cabin for my 10/2nd cruise.  

11 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I'm on the 11/6 out of Miami and they took my room away.  Kinda upset as well.  Called and nothing was done first me.

Did you book directly through MSC or through a travel agency?  I just put in a call to my travel agent but I'm not too optimistic.  I hope you get a nice cabin.

If it's of any solace, I have emerged victorious, finally. We were assigned a new aft-facing balcony on deck 11. Since we were previously on deck 9, this room is a fair bit better. Deeper balcony, plus we got one of the wider ones so overall a decent upgrade. On top of that, we got $250 OBC for the trouble. This all comes thanks to my TA's tireless efforts, but I have some speculation that may help others.

First, I think they have an easier time reassigning an assigned cabin than assigning a guarantee cabin early. If you had my experience where you were swapped to a guarantee, don't wait to complain, but make extra sure to call again as soon as your cabin is assigned. I was given 12111 late last night (automatically, I'm sure) and this AM everything was magically fixed in just a few hours after weeks of getting put off.

Second, do NOT give up calling even if you are assigned an acceptable cabin. Truly, I was so over all of this that I was happy just to have what I paid for, but my husband convinced me to ask directly about perks since this came so down to the wire. TA called a few times and got the OBC. They don't seem to be giving anything out unless you directly ask for it and then it's just a matter of finding the right CSR. It ain't much given what can sometimes be offered, but it'll buy us some upgraded drinks not covered by our Easy package and then some so I'm glad to have it. 

Anywho, I suspect all of this comes down to MSC's IT just being what it is, but hopefully y'all can learn something from my experience and regardless I wish y'all luck. ❤️

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

If it's of any solace, I have emerged victorious, finally. We were assigned a new aft-facing balcony on deck 11. Since we were previously on deck 9, this room is a fair bit better. Deeper balcony, plus we got one of the wider ones so overall a decent upgrade. On top of that, we got $250 OBC for the trouble. This all comes thanks to my TA's tireless efforts, but I have some speculation that may help others.

First, I think they have an easier time reassigning an assigned cabin than assigning a guarantee cabin early. If you had my experience where you were swapped to a guarantee, don't wait to complain, but make extra sure to call again as soon as your cabin is assigned. I was given 12111 late last night (automatically, I'm sure) and this AM everything was magically fixed in just a few hours after weeks of getting put off.

Second, do NOT give up calling even if you are assigned an acceptable cabin. Truly, I was so over all of this that I was happy just to have what I paid for, but my husband convinced me to ask directly about perks since this came so down to the wire. TA called a few times and got the OBC. They don't seem to be giving anything out unless you directly ask for it and then it's just a matter of finding the right CSR. It ain't much given what can sometimes be offered, but it'll buy us some upgraded drinks not covered by our Easy package and then some so I'm glad to have it. 

Anywho, I suspect all of this comes down to MSC's IT just being what it is, but hopefully y'all can learn something from my experience and regardless I wish y'all luck. ❤️

Glad it worked out for you!

I'm happy I don't have to stress about it anymore, too.

• Thanks 1

I’m on the 9/25 sailing and my cabin still has not been assigned.  My booking had a cabin number that I selected and I hope I get to keep it because I chose it for a reason.  Even as late as this morning, I still received an email offer from MSC to upgrade but I’m quite happy in my balcony cabin and have no desire to spend more money.  

9 hours ago, nadalina said:

I’m on the 9/25 sailing and my cabin still has not been assigned.  My booking had a cabin number that I selected and I hope I get to keep it because I chose it for a reason.  Even as late as this morning, I still received an email offer from MSC to upgrade but I’m quite happy in my balcony cabin and have no desire to spend more money.  

I'm really getting frustrated. Hope it works out for you.

Cabin assignment finally appeared in an email from MSC along with all other docs.  I had chosen cabin 9077, a fantastica balcony, and they changed it to 11152, the same category just two decks up.  I prefer the lower decks for my cabin because I love the view of the sea, but, oh well.  This is my first cruise with MSC, so I’m excited to try something new.

• Like 2

I just received my cruise documents with my new cabin.  I received a fantastica balcony a few cabins just down the hall from where I was originally.  It's very close to the stairwell so hopefully won't be a problem but I'm glad it's in the same general area.  Even though I'm now in a fantastica room, instead of the bella balcony I booked, I don't get what comes along with that upgrade ie. room service which I understand.  At least I don't think I do but it does show room service with a $3.50 delivery fee on my documents.  Anyway, I'm just glad I have the information and I'm excited for the cruise!

1 hour ago, PRH said:

You get the “service” you booked—Bella even though you got a fantastica cabin.

It also looks like I got a smaller balcony and somewhat of an obstructed view because I'm no longer on the hump.  So I guess I actually got downgraded.

5 hours ago, slk1000 said:

looks like I got a smaller balcony and somewhat of an obstructed view because I'm no longer on the hump.

I do think some of the Bella balconies are larger, but most of them are metal balconies based on the deck plans. I've not stayed in one so I'm merely speculating, but I'd hazard your view will be better even on a smaller Fantastica balcony as the balcony itself will be glass. Looking at the metal balconies, it very much appeared you'd not see a darned thing sitting down and that's awful.

1 hour ago, bundtkate said:

I do think some of the Bella balconies are larger, but most of them are metal balconies based on the deck plans. I've not stayed in one so I'm merely speculating, but I'd hazard your view will be better even on a smaller Fantastica balcony as the balcony itself will be glass. Looking at the metal balconies, it very much appeared you'd not see a darned thing sitting down and that's awful.

Thank you for your response.  When I look at pictures of the ship it doesn't appear to have a metal balcony for my selected cabin 10050 but if that's the case I agree I'm probably better off then.  

13 hours ago, slk1000 said:

Thank you for your response.  When I look at pictures of the ship it doesn't appear to have a metal balcony for my selected cabin 10050 but if that's the case I agree I'm probably better off then.  

13 hours ago, slk1000 said:

I was looking in the wrong area and it looks like my new cabin is going to be nicer.  Thanks again for letting me know:)