Time to bale?

starsailor

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, starsailor said:

Latest from CDC on Thailand is very very grim.  Is it time to bale?

No way! This would be the best time to visit Thailand. It is safer than any major city in the US. The numbers are falling fast and the vaccinations are ramping up quickly. The Thai's are working hard to make sure the country can open quickly and safely.

Can you imaging walking down Patong beach with only a few dozen people on the beach vs thousands pre-pandemic? True paradise there right now. My family is in Thailand and I can not wait to return in January. I have been told that the natural beauty of the country, mostly the beach tourist areas, has rebounded back to true paradise. Without all the tourists trashing the waters and the beaches, it is like 30-40 years ago.

Take advantage of the opportunity. There may never be a greater time to visit these beautiful parts of the world. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, Rummblestrip said:

No way! This would be the best time to visit Thailand. It is safer than any major city in the US. The numbers are falling fast and the vaccinations are ramping up quickly. The Thai's are working hard to make sure the country can open quickly and safely.

Can you imaging walking down Patong beach with only a few dozen people on the beach vs thousands pre-pandemic? True paradise there right now. My family is in Thailand and I can not wait to return in January. I have been told that the natural beauty of the country, mostly the beach tourist areas, has rebounded back to true paradise. Without all the tourists trashing the waters and the beaches, it is like 30-40 years ago.

Take advantage of the opportunity. There may never be a greater time to visit these beautiful parts of the world. 

Without all the tourists "trashing the waters and beaches" you will also find boarded up restaurants, bars, hotels, travel agents and shops that are no longer viable to trade. Not to mention taxi and tuk tuk drivers and all other small business owners that have abandoned the beach tourist areas. You need mass tourism to return so these people can return to making a living.

• 2 months later...

I would say it depends whereabouts in Thailand you are planning to go and what you would like to do. I understand a lot of the local food restaurants are currently boarded up, and being as eating is one of our main things perhaps we would not choose to go at the moment. If you like eating in five star hotels in lying around on the beach there now might be a perfect time to go.