Celebrity Excursions and COVID Protocols

insley

Can any one who has used a Celebrity excursion recently (during COVID cruises) share information about your experiences? What COVID protocols are being followed? Types of vehicles?  What kind of provisions are there for  social distancing?  Are masks required while in the vehicles? Are the protocols being enforced if needed?  Any and all observations and comments are appreciated. 

We will be on the Millennium the end of October for the Panama Canal transit and are weighing all the options for excursions in the various ports. 

Thank you!

Pat

I'm on  Equinox now and after seeing the excursion, I've opted to book tours through Private Journey.  I've also spoken to a couple people that went on excursions and they agreed the would not do another.

Supposedly they are limiting the number of people on each tour,  but the tour operators in most of the ports so far have used small 10 PAX buses with 8 PAX instead of the  large ones.   Masks are required at all times by both the guide and PAX.   Having said that a person I spoke with said the had one passenger that kept his mask below his mouth.

Some of the tours as well as the Taxi shuttle in St. Thomas were open air but had people packed 4-5 PAX per row with no social distancing.

@funatseascott has posted on my thread and in one of his post gave a good description.   The post below has some of his comments about Dominica.