Viking Group Dinners

Arizona340

14 days away from another Viking  back to back river-ocean cruise and have dining questions from those who have been on recent 2021 cruises.  We have 3 couples traveling together. We know dining tables are spaced for social distancing but when out on the Aquavit Terrace, pool side or in dining rooms is it possible to have 6 seated together at meals?  Is there a seating difference whether inside or outside?  

42 minutes ago, Arizona340 said:

14 days away from another Viking  back to back river-ocean cruise and have dining questions from those who have been on recent 2021 cruises.  We have 3 couples traveling together. We know dining tables are spaced for social distancing but when out on the Aquavit Terrace, pool side or in dining rooms is it possible to have 6 seated together at meals?  Is there a seating difference whether inside or outside?  

When I  was on the Viking  Orion in Bermuda in July, I saw a couple of tables of six each night in the Restaurant. They looked like three couples eating together. 

I would ask at Guest reaction, restaurant  desk when you   get on board the first day.

also ask at World cafe. I  saw tables for four on  the outside deck around infinity pool but I am sure they can accommodate  6 people. 

Another suggestion: ask  if you  can  reserve the private dining room  next to Manfredi or Chef table   for the six of you  while on board.  We did that with some on our roll call  and it was a very special evening. That was preCOIVD though.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Azulann said:

Another suggestion: ask  if you  can  reserve the private dining room  next to Manfredi or Chef table   for the six of you  while on board.  We did that with some on our roll call  and it was a very special evening. That was preCOIVD though.

In deed that was a special evening, Azulann. We remember it well; it was one of our favorite memories of that cruise. We had a very active roll call and a big Meet and Mingle. Such a good group that the Hotel Manager put together a second M and M for our last night at sea.

Senior Gators

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Senior Gators said:

In deed that was a special evening, Azulann. We remember it well; it was one of our favorite memories of that cruise. We had a very active roll call and a big Meet and Mingle. Such a good group that the Hotel Manager put together a second M and M for our last night at sea.

Senior Gators

As the person who started  that roll call , you were instrumental in keeping our roll call lively and inclusive. 
Are C you booked on any Viking cruise coming up?

I know you will be doing the Miss River cruise from my home town 

Patti

🥳

Edited by Azulann

Funny you should ask... Yesterday, we cancelled our Southern Atlantic Crossing on the Viking Jupiter. It's November 14th sailing from Barcelona to Buenos Aires was booked well over a year ago (originally booked the BA to Barcelona for March 2021) but was changed to the one we cancelled.  Too many concerns had cropped for us to feel safe.

We took the future cruise credits and booked a new Viking cruise on the Orion for February 2022 - Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale via the Panama Canal. Got our confirmation and flights today. Hoping for better conditions by then.  

In addition to the Viking Mississippi cruise next September which you know about, we have booked a Great Lakes cruise on the Viking Octantis for May 2022> that one is Milwaukee to Toronto.

2022 will be a busy year for us with a smorgasbord of cruise types.  I see that you are staying busy on the CC boards.  What cruises are in your future?

Richard

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Senior Gators said:

2022 will be a busy year for us with a smorgasbord of cruise types.  I see that you are staying busy on the CC boards.  What cruises are in your future?

Richard , I did a Bermuda escape cruise on the Orion in July.

I am going on the Western Med short cruise: Malta to Barcelona on Oct 12.

While on  board, I plan to book a Baltic cruise which will include Denmark for either 2022 or 2023 or maybe something else. My sister will be retired so we can now travel together beyond summer.  

Lucky  you  two, I loved my Panama  Canal cruise many years ago. it was one of the best cruise ever, Truly a wonder of the world.  I know you will have a great time. 

Cheers!

Patti 

Only related to "Senior Gators" with a location of Tallahassee.  In the middle of Seminole Land??  Just had to comment as my late husband was a Gator and I was a Seminole.  We always said we had a mixed marriage.  Football time around our house was quite exciting.  

On 9/14/2021 at 9:40 AM, Arizona340 said:

In World Cafe, there was a limit of six. There were eight in our party so they seated us at adjacent four tops.

In the Chef's Table, they seated the eight of us together but we had two servers and two wine stewards. We didn't try in the Restaurant or Manfredi. There were no issues in the Living Room or the Explorer's Lounge with us pulling chairs together. The last evening, there may have been ten of us together in Explorer's Lounge.

Edited by KarNog