On Our Way - Sep 25 Sailing

letsdive

Thank you for all your postings ACERECL lots of great information. We are looking at doing a PG cruise but I see that in their information it states Fragonard mood fragrances. As I have a severe allergy to many fragrances could you tell me if this is diffused throughout the ship or just an option for each bathroom. 

Strange request I know but it is a deal breaker for me. 

Looking forward to more postings from your cruise! 

17 hours ago, Relaxing Rita said:

Thank you for all your postings ACERECL lots of great information. We are looking at doing a PG cruise but I see that in their information it states Fragonard mood fragrances. As I have a severe allergy to many fragrances could you tell me if this is diffused throughout the ship or just an option for each bathroom. 

Strange request I know but it is a deal breaker for me. 

Looking forward to more postings from your cruise! 

I'm very interested in the answer to this. I also have a very bad reaction to some fragrances and don't want to take a cruise where I need to take an antihistamine 24/7.

• Like 1

We noticed no fragrances anywhere on the ship. One of our party saw a crew member one day spraying something in the stateroom hallway. It could have been COVID sanitation related. We didn’t ask and the smell dissipated quickly.  Now that I think about it there were NO lingering odors anywhere on the ship. 

If still concerned, I’m sure PG can answer your question directly. I will also say the crew members are wonderful. They will try their best to accommodate you in any way with any special requests. Just ask! 

We scheduled a rapid antigen COVID-19 test aboard the PG for our flight home to the US. The cost was $30 per person. It was quick and very convenient. They gave us the required documentation the same afternoon. My understanding is the test at PPT airport is 5,700 francs (about $57 USD) so PG is more convenient and costs less. 

Yes I just got an update from PG about tests. Originally it sounded like the one at the airport was free but it’s not. Also have to schedule a Covid PCR in Papeete to board since I have two days there and my original test will have expired. Love to hear about your experiences on the boat and on excursions.