Venture June 25-July 06 Svalbard

Bigdogwon

This is new territory for Seabourn, as Venture will be the first expedition ship for Seabourn, so nobody will have first hand experience until next April.

For expedition voyages on existing Seabourn ships, Antarctica on the Quest in previous years, for instance, the dress code was pretty much standard.  Guests were still more dressed up for dinners, although nothing formal.

Dress code is a recurring topic on here; you can find plenty of discussions by doing a quick search.

Since Venture is a much smaller ship than Quest, I suspect the dress code will be similar to similar cruise lines' expedition ships. For instance, Silversea is similar to if not slightly more formal than Seabourn, and their expedition ships have no formal nights. I'd expect Seabourn's standard "elegant casual" every evening. As @sfvoyage says, until we get closer to the time of the first Venture voyage, we won't know if there are any tweaks to the dress code for their expedition ships. (But even if they retain the standard 1 or 2 formal evenings per cruise, it really translates to men having a sport jacket or suit, or simply not dining in the main dining room on a formal night.)

It's a little early to be planning clothes for a trip 9 months away, isn't it. 😉 We're leaving tomorrow morning for a Seabourn cruise in the Caribbean, and we still have some final selecting and then packing to do tonight! 

• Like 1

Hello

We have been on the Quest to Antarctica and dressed in smart attire for the two more formal dinner.  No evening gown for me but smart black trousers and a posh top (I come from the UK) and husband in a jacket ( maybe a tie) definitely no tux.   We are booked on the Venture next August for Greenland and Iceland and as a purely expedition style cruise this will be slightly different in nature I think.  Still something smart for evening dinners but nothing difficult to pack.  Can't wait.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:37 PM, cruiseej said:

Since Venture is a much smaller ship than Quest, I suspect the dress code will be similar to similar cruise lines' expedition ships. For instance, Silversea is similar to if not slightly more formal than Seabourn, and their expedition ships have no formal nights. I'd expect Seabourn's standard "elegant casual" every evening. As @sfvoyage says, until we get closer to the time of the first Venture voyage, we won't know if there are any tweaks to the dress code for their expedition ships. (But even if they retain the standard 1 or 2 formal evenings per cruise, it really translates to men having a sport jacket or suit, or simply not dining in the main dining room on a formal night.)

It's a little early to be planning clothes for a trip 9 months away, isn't it. 😉 We're leaving tomorrow morning for a Seabourn cruise in the Caribbean, and we still have some final selecting and then packing to do tonight! 

I’ve been planning (and buying for) our Venture 2023 trip since we booked - 2 years in advance! I’m admittedly a planner, and we like to dress up, but I love that part of the planning! For us, it extends the whole process. 

• Like 1