Excursions on the Divina

GA_Traveler

Hello all...I just booked a November cruise and I have a question about excursions.   

Do we have to take an excursion through the cruise line or can we do our own thing?  Also, when do the excursions normally show up online?

Thanks for your help. 

Ga_traveler

Edited by GA_Traveler
Spelling

• GA_Traveler changed the title to Excursions on the Divina
14 minutes ago, GA_Traveler said:

Hello all...I just booked a November cruise and I have a question about excursions.   

Do we have to take an excursion through the cruise line or can we do our own thing?  Also, when do the excursions normally show up online?

Thanks for your help. 

Ga_traveler

It is my understanding that, in a big way it is the PORT that can specify whether or not only cruise line excursions are run in their country.

Hi, We’re also cruising on Divina in November and as it stands today (but this could change) for the itinerary we have (Ocean Cay, Cozumel and Costa Maya) we can get off the ship on our own  in all of these ports because we are fully vaccinated. 

Right now everyone 12 and older has to be vaccinated on MSC (Bahamas and Caribbean sailings) 

People cruising with anyone under 12 will be considered unvaccinated for the purpose of excursions meaning you cannot get off the ship on your own in any ports except Ocean Cay. For those other ports you’ll need to book an excursion. 

We shall see what happens before then as I believe the Bahamas vaccination requirement is set to expire on Oct 31…will it be renewed? I’d say it will but we’ll have to wait and see. 

Excursions for our 11/14th sailing are not showing up yet.