Whiskey Tasting on the Edge

jewelhux

Not Macallan, but this thread sent me to the basement. And a word of warning! The cork fell apart on this one, but I got it out clean…

They don’t make this any more. Pretty much like I remember. Just surprised with the cork! Those little two prong cork pullers are wonderful!

i-d9cpcMd-X2.jpg

3 minutes ago, markeb said:

Not Macallan, but this thread sent me to the basement. And a word of warning! The cork fell apart on this one, but I got it out clean…

They don’t make this any more. Pretty much like I remember. Just surprised with the cork! Those little two prong cork pullers are wonderful!

I've found that these do very well with dodgy corks, either wine or liquor.  As long as the pierce is carefully done and successful, the even gas pressure at the bottom of the cork does the work much more safely:

https://www.amazon.com/Cork-Pops-12237-Original-Bottle/dp/B0002S6BNU

11 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

As it so happens, I will be hosting a bourbon and whisky party first week in Dec...

I will get full bottles of each to taste with my guests and take it from there...

Thank you for your input and info...

Cheers and bon voyage

Sounds great. Let me know how it goes. I'm in the process of arranging an online whisky tasting for a social media whisky collectors group I run which will be hosted by Billy Abbott a well known whisky blogger, judge and writer here in the UK. 

Funnily enough 20 minutes after I wrote my previous post I see that the Macallan had released yet another 'limited edition' (The Harmony Collection - Rich Cacao) yesterday. It's a NAS expression watered down to 44% and is selling for £115 per bottle. It sold out shortly after!

• Thanks 1