Odyssey dec 29th

Sarahjane001

Hi, 

This has probably been discussed before but does anyone know what the likelihood is of us being able to go ashore in St Barths ( Gustavia) to shop independently?

we have a stop in St Barths. My fave port but there are no excursions. Seems odd we would stop there at all if there are no excursions at all. Seabourn cannot give me an answer…which I find quite odd too. I realize things are changing all the time but they just don’t seem to have a clue about this. 
‘I hear that Barbados set the rules for the cruises in and out of there , so wondered what the general opinion is on this. Also they just dropped the quarantine requirements in Barbados so thought that might be a hopeful sign.

Im a little miffed my consultant did not tell me this PRIOR to paying in full for the cruise. I probably wouldn’t have done this cruise had I known. We love Seabourn excursions but we also love shopping in St Lucia and St Barths and doing our own thing and so this is quite important to us. I may cancel and rebook for a later date.

thanks

We're booked on a cruise at the end of February which stops in St. Barths, and ours also lists no excursions at this point. If you can't leave the ship on your own, and there are no ship excursions, then what's the point of labeling it as a day in St. Baths? It's a nothing more than a sea day. I am hoping that excursions will be forthcoming as we get closer to the cruise date, but yours is two months sooner than ours, so that concerns me that you still have noting listed.

I will say that we were on a Caribbean cruise on the Odyssey last month, and there was constant juggling of excursions -- some canceled, some added -- up until shortly before the cruise.

I realize Seabourn has a tough job navigating the protocols of all the countries and their ever-changing requirements, and unfortunately such uncertainty is a fact-of-life with cruising at this time. If independent travel in ports is very important to you, and/or specific ports are important to you, you might be better off canceling than ending up disappointed. (In the months leading up to our recent cruise, one island was canceled and then another was substituted, and we were fine with that exchange; other cruises lost a port and had a sea day substituted.) The only thing that can be said with certainty is what the rules are today; tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year are all subject to change beyond the cruise line's ability to control.