Information on Alcoves/cabanas

paulajj

On 8/27/2022 at 10:01 PM, BazingAu said:

@paulajj Hi, just seeing if you had a review of the alcove? We are cruising in 2023 and are debating whether to purchase an alcove for a couple days (we are on a longer cruise).

@Team Stag or anyone who have booked the Alcoves... do you get to choose which one you get? Or are they assigned to you? Are any locations better than others on the Reflection?

We didn't get to pick.  They were pre-assigned.  However, they set them up around 9 a.m.  So after I finished breakfast, took a walk up there, talked to the attendant and told him where I preferred to be (I wanted to be able to see the tv to watch the afternoon football game).  He was very accommodating.

Those that rent them for the week though - will have the same ones throughout.  So you may not be able to move to the exact one you want.

• Thanks 1

We were on the same cruise as TeamStag last November.  We rented an alcove on a port day for the $99 rate.  Our attendant served us the bottled water in an ice bucket and our fruit skewers twice during the day.  The ship was only 30% full so there was little foot traffic in the area.   They played the same, boring extreme sports film all day and night on the Lawn Club. 

I have also done an Alcove on the Silhouette a few years ago.  Same experience. 

All in all, I probably will not spend any more money on an S-Class Alcove.  It's basically a nice place to sit if you want to just hang out, read and chat.  I'm more social than that and really enjoy Bocce, trivia and other ship activities, as well as quiet moments on our balcony. 

Enjoy your cruise!  We'll be there a week or two after you!

• Thanks 1