HELP what would you do if...

weswas

We are taking our next cruise in May 2005 and booked with a local TA and got a decent price of 715 (includes tax and port charges) for a 6A. We went with this agency for our first cruise but experienced problems with TA leaving right before we cruised and handing it off to another TA that we never met. Had problems with flight and when called the TA from airport to take care of another outgoing flight she didn't even recognize our names. Needless to say the next year we booked with buycruises and then again last year without a hitch. WE went with the local agency this year because the price was better but now our TA that we established a relationship with sent us a letter to tell us that YESTERDAY was her last day and she pawned us off on a women we have never met or even spoke to. I did contact her this a.m. and asked if we could come and meet with her to let her know our needs and concerns and her response was "So and So told me all about your concerns and I will take care of it when your sail date gets closer" What the heck does that mean?? WE informed her that we wanted a day to discuss it and we would let her know Monday if we will cancel and rebook elsewhere. Her response "Just fill me in when you decide" I am upset and my hubby said to just leave it alone since we probably won't find as good of a price now. What would you do I know I can get some good advice from the boards. Thanks in advance

UNTIL WE SAIL AGAIN.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Weswas

I can see that you are from NY, but does that mean that what your TA is saying to you is 'commonplace' manners from someone up there. No offense intended at all, just wondering if I'm having a culture shock here. I would say NO..to the indifferent manners and blow-off by the TA. What you have said would kinda scare me that this person wouldn't care about your concerns one way or the other - now OR closer to your cruise date.

SO....is it a culture shock for 'me', or is it the TA? Good service 'should' be with a smile and a heartfelt 'I'll do whatever I can to help you'..in my opinion

Good luck with whatever you decide to do about your situation.

Sensation 5/15/2004

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

I don t understand your whole post. What does were you live have to do with this.

It's more like the travel company she is using.

There is a reason why nobody works there very long.

Your have culture shock because a TA changed jobs. It kinda(no such word) scares you that a TA leaves their job, maybe for a better one.

Culture shock? Is Savannan Ga on another planet? Do you think only people in GA have mannors?

Is it commonplace for people in Ga to sterotype?

If you only booked through that agency because of the TA and she's leaving AND if you don't like the new TA I would consider having my booking transfered to another TA IF they can give you the same price you paid. I would call buycruises again and see what they can do for you.

Kristi - Atom.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

I have this funny little expectation that those in the service industries should actually provide service.

I absolutely would not allow this new TA to blow off my needs and concerns, and it is not unreasonable at all to ask for a face to face meeting with her to become acquainted. After all, you are paying this company to work toward satisfying those needs and desires (within reason). How can they accomplish that if they don't know what those needs and concerns are? I wouldn't leave it up to chance that the former TA covered all the bases with the new TA, and, in fact, you may have new issues that have come up since you originally booked.

Research pricing for that May 2005 cruise online this weekend so you are well versed in your options. Call Monday and give the new TA one more shot at meeting your expectations. She may have been a bit overwhelmed and stressed from taking over all the other TA's bookings when you first talked with her. If she still doesn't perform up to your expectations, you may have to choose between service and price, and only you can decide which you value more.

soccermommie

Hand holding time is over.

After what, 4 cruises? ..you should have the hang of it and not need to have your hand held. The time for a close relationship with a TA to ease your concerns, listen to you and make you fell all warm and fuzzy inside is past.

What you need now is efficiency. You need a TA to take care of business without making mistakes.

If you want to talk to somebody about your cruise everyday come here, that's what we do. Let your TA spend time looking for upgrades, watching for price reductions and remembering to send you a bottle of bubbly on your cruise.

Don't get me wrong. If you're going through a real person TA, as opposed to an on-line booking faceless, voiceless Internet company, you should expect personal service. If it's not happening I'd contact the boss of that agency and see about getting another agent within the firm. If that's not happening, get another agency. You could read between the lines here and find a nice girl....er.....person, who could take good care of you and your needs and comes highly recommended.

But do yourself a favor, be realistic.

It really sounds like you need to break out and take control of your travel plans. I'd bet you'll be much happier if you do. I'd also bet that you know more about what you want than you're admitting and that you can be way more effective in planning the elements of your vacation than most TA's would.

You can make this happen and make your cruises way more fabulous if you take control

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rocktheboat:

I don t understand your whole post. What does were you live have to do with this.

It's more like the travel company she is using.

There is a reason why nobody works there very long.

Your have culture shock because a TA changed jobs. It kinda(no such word) scares you that a TA leaves their job, maybe for a better one.

Culture shock? Is Savannan Ga on another planet? Do you think only people in GA have mannors?

Is it commonplace for people in Ga to sterotype?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS is the 'culture shock' I was speaking of..NY..

Apparently, I have more manners than you do. If possible, reread the post if it means that much to you..otherwise..have a nice day!

Sensation 5/15/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Now Now Kiddies.... let's not fight or some of the posts are fixin' (how's that for slang NY !) to be removed by the moderators.

The original poster was concerned that the TA that they were handed off to, was not meeting their personal needs regarding a meeting. It's the clients money and if they want a meeting to get to know their TA and for the TA to better understand their wants and needs, that is what they want... PERIOD. If they want to have their hand held, that is what they want...PERIOD.

They may not wish to do business with an online TA for whatever reason, and that is at their decision.... PERIOD.

Many passengers till want that old time customer service practice, regardless of price...and that is their decision....PERIOD !

So back to the original subject, If the original poster only wishes to meet with the TA to discuss their likes/dislikes regarding cruising and is not getting what they want, go to the office manager and tell them of your disatisfaction and demand the meeting or advise that you have all intentions of taking your business to an agency who wants to deliver what you expect !

Curtis...

Waiting patiently for MY ship to come in !!!

I am a travel agent, and if I were you I would tell the travel agent if she didn't want to work with you that you are going to take your business elsewhere. I always give my clients whatever time they require. You are well within the paramaters to cancel without any

penalties. If this agency tells you that you must pay them a cancellation penalty, then I would speak to Carnival and tell them you want to transfer your booking to another agent/agency. You could try talking to another agent somewhere else that you feel comfortable with and then authorizing to transfer the booking to them. Don't cancel the booking with the original agent, though. I don't know what date your cruise is, so I can't tell you if you got a good rate.

Hope this helps,

Donna

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weswas:

We are taking our next cruise in May 2005 and booked with a local TA and got a decent price of 715 (includes tax and port charges) for a 6A. We went with this agency for our first cruise but experienced problems with TA leaving right before we cruised and handing it off to another TA that we never met. Had problems with flight and when called the TA from airport to take care of another outgoing flight she didn't even recognize our names. Needless to say the next year we booked with buycruises and then again last year without a hitch. WE went with the local agency this year because the price was better but now our TA that we established a relationship with sent us a letter to tell us that YESTERDAY was her last day and she pawned us off on a women we have never met or even spoke to. I did contact her this a.m. and asked if we could come and meet with her to let her know our needs and concerns and her response was "So and So told me all about your concerns and I will take care of it when your sail date gets closer" What the heck does that mean?? WE informed her that we wanted a day to discuss it and we would let her know Monday if we will cancel and rebook elsewhere. Her response "Just fill me in when you decide" I am upset and my hubby said to just leave it alone since we probably won't find as good of a price now. What would you do I know I can get some good advice from the boards. Thanks in advance

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TOO BUSY SELLING CRUISES AND VACATIONS TO TAKE THEM. I WISH I COULD BE ON ALL THE CRUISES THAT I HAVE SOLD IN THE PAST YEAR.

Second Princess Cruise - Can't Wait!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;09;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

First...thanks for all the advice...second I am not asking for hand holding just a face to face meeting to meet her and to address what we like and dislike regards to dinner seating, flights a pre-stay etc. When you sit and discuss your trip with a TA for an hour or so and then she leaves after months of communication (by the way she left for a job in the fitness field NOT TRAVEL) you would expect the new TA to at least want to meet and personally introduce ourselfs to eachother. I also do tons of research before we book and I pretty much hand them the sale. They are pretty much just booking for us. So with that said I will take some advice from the boards and research this weekend and give her another chance. If she won't meet us I will for sure be booking elsewhere.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Price or service, sometimes you can't get both. However, with the internet and boards, I would bet that you could handle your concerns far more efficiently and to your liking than the new TA could.

I, personally, would research and book hotels on my own. A TA might throw out a name like "Hilton", just on its reputation, never having been there or researched the property. Plus, many of the "name" hotels guarantee lowest price on their website... at least Hilton did in SJU.

Dinner seating is an easy one. You express early or late and take what's given (nothing guaranteed). If you don't get what you want, you see the Maitre D', not the TA, anyway. We vehemently requested late, but got early. Couldn't be switched because we were a table for 10 and there wasn't anything available for us to switch to. Oh well, we rolled with it. It's not enough to get in a stress about.

I also would do flights on my own... I use frequent flier miles and it's WAY easier to do it myself than to use a third party.

Gee, I guess I personally have no need for a TA as long as my internet is up and running!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

062802jumpie_prv.gif033102food_1_prv.gif062802drink_prv.gif082502cheers_prv.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

thebird,

You need to really read my post over. I said I didn t understand your post and I don't. Than

I asked some questions(you do see those funny little things at the end of each sentence).

As for manners, you need to look the word up if you think I have none because I asked you some questions.

hey Rock..take it easy. I guarantee you that the bird meant no harm or insult.

Let's be real, GA is another planet compared to NY...each state is another planet. I never realized this until I moved from Philly....(very similar planet to NY) to Maine.

Culture shock is a REAL thing going from state to state. I have been in New England for only 5 years...I spent my first 35 years in Philly...yet when I go back to Philly...man, it's culture shock.

We are all vastly different...but I think that happens to be really a cool thing. It makes life so much more interesting!

Take off the gloves, guys. Life is too short!!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Some people need the one on one from their TA(I need it). You need to talk to other TAs and find someone that makes you happy.

As for thebird/rocktheboat, nowhere did the bird compare New Yorkers to people from GA.

Culture shock happens when you visit someplace different, not when you read a post about a TA.

Rocktheboat said she didn't understand her post, she did'nt insult her. TheBird came back with the insults about manners.

peace.gif

candle_burning_for_911_md_wht.gif

If you don't think rocktheboats post to me was insulting.......I guess I had culture shock again..

You apparently understood that rocktheboat was innocently asking questions of me. I didn't see it that way.

OMG!!! THE CIVIL WAR II

FTLOG! Am glad it's only over rhetorical questions this time..ROFLMAO!!!

(we 'could' have a lot of fun over this, if you guys were game)

Who wants to fight?

Who wants to play?

Apologies for offending any of you, honestly did not mean to. (thanks for sticking up for me, my CC buddies! xoxo)

Sensation 5/15/2004

valorvampires.gif

I just want to Thank you for the advice.. I did reseach all weekend and decided to go back to buycruises.com. I jsut emailed my new/Old TA to ask her to release to Buycruises so now I just have to see what response I get. Not only am I happy with buycruises (we have used them in the past) but they also beat the price by $53 p.p.

Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

What was insulting, the part she didn t understand or the part where she asks you some questions. Can you please tell me, since I'm not sure where you see an insult.

What was your post if not insulting. I read it as an insult and so did you. You knew what you said was not nice, that's why you added No offense intended. And I have read the post and still don't see you being insulted anywhere. What I do see is you insulting others.

Well guess what "No offense intended".

If you didn't want to play catch, you should not have thrown the ball first.

peace.gif

candle_burning_for_911_md_wht.gif

You sure do 'assume' alot for someone who doesn't understand anything..

I'll play catch with you all day long

IF you would have CAUGHT the ball to begin with.

I even gave you a another throw

Did you even 'catch' THAT?

Me thinks you doth protest 'too' much to have missed the ball again.

I won't be back to spoon feed you, so don't bother posting for my sake.

Sensation 5/15/2004

valorvampires.gif

Archived