Am I reading too much into this?

Just been looking at the Tui website  Entry Requirements Pdf dated 5th Nov.

Table 4 and 5 have appeared covering the Canaries cruises. However the 'Before your holiday begins' section in each table contradict each other, as Table 5 does not mention the need for an Antigen test in the hours before flying out?

Hopefully a mistake, or are requirements changing after the New Year?

On 11/7/2021 at 11:34 AM, howmuch! said:

Just been looking at the Tui website  Entry Requirements Pdf dated 5th Nov.

Table 4 and 5 have appeared covering the Canaries cruises. However the 'Before your holiday begins' section in each table contradict each other, as Table 5 does not mention the need for an Antigen test in the hours before flying out?

Hopefully a mistake, or are requirements changing after the New Year?

After reading it again, several times, I can now answer my own question - Table 5 relates to Stay before cruise, so Antigen test is in hotel, the night before the cruise! Doh.

3 hours ago, howmuch! said:

After reading it again, several times, I can now answer my own question - Table 5 relates to Stay before cruise, so Antigen test is in hotel, the night before the cruise! Doh.

Ho howmuch!, I've noticed my own post today is very similar, but to clarify you seem to be hotel stay first then cruising? Has TUI arranged these test for you at the hotel , personally I'm concerned about getting said test certification overnight.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, squink said:

Ho howmuch!, I've noticed my own post today is very similar, but to clarify you seem to be hotel stay first then cruising? Has TUI arranged these test for you at the hotel , personally I'm concerned about getting said test certification overnight.

Sorry to be a pain, on re-reading table 5 it says pre-purchased LFT, the other tables don't.

Still concerned over how this works though 

You would have to purchase the kit before setting off on holiday, and take them with you. Procedure for using them will accompany the tests. As I understand it, you have to photograph the results of the test, and upload the results to the Chronomics website, who then email you a certificate to present to Tui when boarding the ship.

• Thanks 1

We're going to Ex2 in Malaga and have purchased the chromatic package which I believe is the same for the canaries. You so the first test they send you at 9pm the night before you fly, photo it send it by email and they send you a fit to fly cert by return to present at the airport check in. Once port side you may or may not have to do another LFT as it is random.

On return home your day 2 test will be waiting for you to do. You will also be tested prior to leaving the ship on your last day and have your temp took every day. Hth 

Ps it's taken me a week to discover all of this info. 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
Add ps
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

We're going to Ex2 in Malaga and have purchased the chromatic package which I believe is the same for the canaries. You so the first test they send you at 9pm the night before you fly, photo it send it by email and they send you a fit to fly cert by return to present at the airport check in. Once port side you may or may not have to do another LFT as it is random.

On return home your day 2 test will be waiting for you to do. You will also be tested prior to leaving the ship on your last day and have your temp took every day. Hth 

Thanks, its all getting clearer 😁

On 11/9/2021 at 9:29 PM, 2BACRUISER said:

Hi - do you know if you have to do a test prior to the flight home if you are staying in a hotel post cruise ? We come off the ship and stay 3 nights in a hotel.

I find the Marella site instructions very difficult to follow - do they tell you before the cruise what you need to do ? Sounds as if you had to do all this yourself.

thanks

paul

8 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Hi - do you know if you have to do a test prior to the flight home if you are staying in a hotel post cruise ? We come off the ship and stay 3 nights in a hotel.

I find the Marella site instructions very difficult to follow - do they tell you before the cruise what you need to do ? Sounds as if you had to do all this yourself.

thanks

paul

Oh sorry dont know that one. Best call and ask. As far as I know to come back into the uk you just have to test on day 2 when u get back from an EU country not sure if their flights have a protocol of their own 🤔🤔