Any news on the Sinfonia sailing Nov 20, 2021?

CDB

I’m just wondering….

Has anyone got information about the Sinfonia’s itinerary?  Has it been changed or cancelled?

is any one going on TA November 20, 2021?

CS still says it’s going but the South America schedule for Sinfonia is non existent. 
I would rather know of changes before I fly to Italy to board in Venice. 

I'm sorry I can't help you, but we have a similar problem.

We're on the Splendida TA out of Civitivecchia to Brazil on Nov 29, and everything from the TA to March (all the SA schedule) is MIA.

The most confusing part? I can't see my booking on the MSC site. Things were fine until about 3 weeks ago, but now it says my ship already sailed.

I called MSC and was told that sailing was in May of 2021(uh...no).

After some checking, she said that's"just a placeholder" and to wait to hear from MSC. She was pretty honest about saying she didn't know what they meant by that.

That was nearly 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing.

My travel agent is useless and not returning my calls.

That is terrible. We are close to departure and as you know there is a lot of preparation with COVID testing and such,  I would really like to know if there is a change. CS has told me this cruise is sailing but it feels like a big last minute change is inevitable. I just want to know how to prepare and use my vacation time the best I can. I hope you find some information soon. 

I have been able to do web check In but unable to get tickets and luggage tags. 
Yesterday, November 10th,  I spent 55 minutes on the phone with Customer Service with a very helpful rep by the name of Laura. I explained my dilemma with her and she did some checking with her lead named Jasmine. I assume that is an up line rep. She did find that my sailing was cancelled and I would be getting a refund but I have to wait for an email from MSC before I change any travel plans. We are supposed to fly to Italy from USA in six days. I sure hope I get the email before I have to fly. 

I'm really sorry to hear this 🙁

We knew it was risky when we booked, but I didn't think they'd take it down to the wire like this--- without ever informing us.

The person I talked to last weekend said ours wasn't being cancelled, just the itinerary was changing. And we'd be getting an email.

Not holding my breath.

Thank you for the names, I'm sure I'll be calling again this week after hearing nothing.

Good luck and thanks for the info

We were able to get through to MSC again today, November 12, 2021 and reached a rep named Aidon. He also finally confirmed the cruise was cancelled but questioned our need for any official confirmation that the cruise is cancelled. Ugh!

After speaking to his lead, he was going to process a cancellation for us. We told him that we did not wish to cancel from our end, because we suspected that would result in us losing all of our money paid. He assured us we would receive a refund either way, but we refused to cancel from our end. We repeatedly asked for an email with official notice of cancellation, but Aidon said that was not possible.

We have been pursuing this with MSC for many, many weeks and each time we have been told that IF the cruise was cancelled, we would receive email notification along with our options for refund or rebooking. 

We are four days from COVID testing, five days from our overseas flights and eight days from embarkation. Two days ago we were still receiving emails saying the cruise was on. MSC has not contacted us at all about this cruise being cancelled. IF we had NOT been proactive about this, we would be on our way to Italy with no ship waiting on us. In our opinion MSC has dropped the ball on this one and the ball has rolled into high weeds.

This is a mess.

CDB

I honestly don't know what to tell you. We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow and have heard nothing.

Every time I call (after convincing the person that NO, my ship has not already sailed!), I'm told that there's an itinerary change and I will be notified.

I still can't see my reservation, so can't check-in.

Our travel agent has talked to MSC, but hasn't gotten any new information from them (except that our cabin is now a guarantee and the cruise hasn't been cancelled). 

At this point, I'm just hoping we get to spend our 20 days in Yacht Club going simply anywhere.

I'm afraid though, that we'll get to Civitivecchia and Splendida won't be there.

I just wish I knew what was going on so we could make other arrangements while it's still possible.

On 11/21/2021 at 10:23 AM, Sinbadssailors said:

On Wednesday,12 days from sailing, we were notified that our cruise was "suspended".

Options are rebooking, credit+25%, or full refund.

It obviously wasn't unexpected, but I really wish they'd been more forthcoming with information. And that the phone people knew what was going on.

Thank you for the information. 10 days before sailing, 8 days before sailing and 5 before sailing we talked to MSC by phone and each time they finally said the cruise was canceled and we would receive an email with instructions. We never did.

3 days before sailing, we received a call from MSC offering us the options of applying the amount we paid to one cruise, booking a future cruise or APPLYING for a complete refund. Wow!

Now we are anxiously awaiting the refund that was promised including the insurance that they required us to purchase.

What a wild ride.😁