Karmel Shuttle from Cruise Terminal to LAX

sugarsnap1981

Hi,  Does anyone have any recent reviews/experience with Karmel Shuttle? My family and I will be on the spring break Sun-Sun NCL Bliss cruise with a Noon flight out of LAX.  I'm investigating booking a private ride back to LAX to reduce some stress.  Any insights would be appreciated! Also, am I out of mind to think we will make a Noon flight?

Happy cruising!

Sorry I can't help with the specific question about this company. But I'm going to pass along advice that was given to me about this same type of question. "Why ruin your last morning on the ship worrying about rushing off and getting to the airport & through security on time?"

In our case we did end up spending quite a bit of time sitting in the Miami airport, waiting for our 2pm flight that was then delayed twice and we didn't actually take off until almost 4.

But all in all, unless you are someplace where the cruise terminal and airport are close, I think it's better to book a flight that leaves no earlier than 1pm. That way you can be more relaxed and enjoy a nice main dining room breakfast on your last day. I get that sometimes it is just not possible but if it is, that's the best strategy in my opinion.

Traveling in these Covid times means being even more flexible and patient. Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Karen

5 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Also looking for LAX-San Pedro shuttle. Some pretty bad recent reviews on TripAdvisor. Not sure what to think.

People don't write reviews when they are happy. Studies show that someone unhappy with a place or service will tell 7 people for every 1 person that someone who is happy will.

If you are looking for a way to San Pedro from LAX on a conveyance (cab, uber, shuttle, cruise transportation, etc) that has all happy, 5* reviews, you won't find it; not even paying $1,000 for a limo with caviar and Moet Chandon. Someone is always unhappy.

You just have to pick the prettiest pig.