Yet Another B2B Question

toledo_cruiser

This would involve Carnival and MSC. I'm thinking of joining a family cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest out of Miami in March. Four days is too short for me (flying from Ohio). I'd like to extend my cruising time by adding an MSC cruise after the Carnival cruise. What I'm reading is that I need a negative Covid test two days before the potential MSC cruise. If I understand this correctly, getting a post-cruise test aboard Carnival would not be sufficient to enable me to just hop aboard MSC and I would need to stay two extra days in Miami. Miami seems to have plenty of Covid testing sites so two or even three days would not be a deal breaker. Does this seem correct. I haven't booked either cruise yet, just exploring my options. Thanks in advance.

toledocruiser

8 hours ago, toledo_cruiser said:

This would involve Carnival and MSC. I'm thinking of joining a family cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest out of Miami in March. Four days is too short for me (flying from Ohio). I'd like to extend my cruising time by adding an MSC cruise after the Carnival cruise. What I'm reading is that I need a negative Covid test two days before the potential MSC cruise. If I understand this correctly, getting a post-cruise test aboard Carnival would not be sufficient to enable me to just hop aboard MSC and I would need to stay two extra days in Miami. Miami seems to have plenty of Covid testing sites so two or even three days would not be a deal breaker. Does this seem correct. I haven't booked either cruise yet, just exploring my options. Thanks in advance.

toledocruiser

I’m not familiar with Carnival’s onboard testing at the moment but I do know MSC offers testing onboard for a fee.

I would call Carnival direct or ask this question on the Carnival boards here. 
You’ll need the test 2 days before boarding the MSC ship so on day 2 of your Carnival cruise. 

12 minutes ago, toledo_cruiser said:

Thanks, I hadn't considered getting tested aboard Carnival two days earlier.  I'll check that option out.

Another option is the self swab at home monitored test.
We used them last month before our Divina cruise and we plan to use them again next month before our Seashore cruise. 
We used our phones for the tele health portion and had results in 15 min. 
It’s the Abbott Binax Now ag card Covid test which you can order from emed or optum