Covid Testing for Unvaccinated children under 12

torilyn

Hello:

To those of you who are traveling on a Royal Caribbean cruise after December 17, 2021 with unvaccinated kids under 12,  where are you getting their PCR testing done? I’m very stressed with this and the fact that the test results might not be in by our boarding day on Dec. 20.  I hope this question is allowed because I am at wits end.  I have tried calling RC and they are still reading me the old Covid test rules for this age group so you can understand my frusteration.  Thanks to all

I hear you. My question is if RC counts the “Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID Now)” done at Walgreens as a PCR test? I am not referring to the Rapid Antigen Test offered at Walgreens. It should not be this hard to get an answer. Has anyone who traveled on RC recently submitted the ID Now test for their unvaccinated children to fulfill the PCR test requirement? Thanks 

Right now I plan on getting the Grandkids tested at CVS for the PCR test on Dec. 17, Our cruise leaves on Dec. 20..  They send it to the Lab and it supposedly takes 1-2 days.  I am going to be a nervous wreck.  Great way to start a vacation.  I contacted RC and whoever it was didnt even know about the new protocol for kids under 12.  I live in Oklahoma and will be driving to Galveston the day prior to the cruise.  I also contacted the Oklahoma ER Hospital here and they have a rapid PCR test that they give. That takes an hr. For the results.  I don’t even know if that is acceptable because there is no one to ask.